• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Windshield and Frame Install

broncbusted

Loc.
South Carolina
Hello, I just reinstalled my windshield and frame after paint. I bolted it in using ss beveled screws. I did get a new gasket that sandwiches between the hinge. My question is about where the windshield bolts (2 knobs) attach to the windshield and are tightened, is there a gasket or rubber pad that goes between the windshield and the metal bracket?

Thanks

WILDHORSES

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
USA
Hello, I just reinstalled my windshield and frame after paint. I bolted it in using ss beveled screws. I did get a new gasket that sandwiches between the hinge. My question is about where the windshield bolts (2 knobs) attach to the windshield and are tightened, is there a gasket or rubber pad that goes between the windshield and the metal bracket?

Thanks

Not that I have ever seen. Anything you might want to put there will slightly change the angle of the frame and put more tension on it when bolting the top down. If for some reason you needed clearance for the door you could put a shim (washer) there.

Jim

OP
OP
B

broncbusted

Loc.
South Carolina
Props to Wildhorses

Hey Thanks Jim, I did look on your website for any type of gasket and props for your YouTube video on installing the windshield glass!!!! It was a great help when replacing the glass in the frame. Worked like a charm!!!!

Thanks again for replying