• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

windshield folding down.

broncomania

Loc.
nc
this thing seems like it wont fold down. do they have a secret to them ?
i pulled the top off tonight and cant seem to get it to budge. i want to remove the dash pad and it seems to have screws in the backside . thats why i need to fold it down. thanks.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
this thing seems like it wont fold down. do they have a secret to them ?
i pulled the top off tonight and cant seem to get it to budge. i want to remove the dash pad and it seems to have screws in the backside . thats why i need to fold it down. thanks.

It should have 2 large knobs, one on each side toward the outside edges of the dash. These will need to be removed. Note: I've also seen regular bolts in these holes instead of the large knobs. Once those are removed then it should fold forward. If you look just above the SOB 9 Magnet on the right side of this pic you can see one of the knobs on mine.

Attachments

• SaddleUp142.jpg
    SaddleUp142.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 60

Doyle

Bronco Guru
At each end near the lower edge of the dash pad there are either knobs or bolts that hold the windshield in the upright position. Remove these and it should fold.

Edit: Guess I type to slow.