• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

windshield washer squirter

mtnbiker2010

Loc.
Grand Rapids MI
I am just trying to take care of a simple project but of course it is never as easy as I think it will be. I am trying to make my washer fluid squirt out of the metal squirter things and I have one working but the other seems to be plugged or corroded. Do you guys have any suggestions fo cleaning these? Also it looks like mine have two holes in them one just above the other. Is fluid supposed to come out of both of them or just the top one?

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Soak them in some CLR or other type of bathroom calcium deposite remover then use a small drill bit and a needle to clean out the holes

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
I replaced mine with a set off a mazda car. they have 2 holes in them and work great. they are plastic so I had to file them down to fit through the hole in the hood, then I just put the nut on them from the original squirters.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
saryan said:
Yeah as of now I have nothing to spray the fluid out. Is there a tech article on how to rig up the entire system?
Not much to it. 2 spray tips on the hood. A windshield washer tank with a pump. Small tubing (1/8" or so) and a T. Run one line into the T and a line fron the T to each spray tip.

Oh, you also need to run 2 wires. One ground wire from the pump and then one wire from the switch. (Or optionally from a push button)

mtkawboy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Billings Mt
If the plug is there you can put a late F250 combo washer tank and radiator overflow tank on the drivers fenderwell. It looks like its made for it and the original plug works on it. Do a search for pictures