• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiper replacement 68 to electric

trevbronko

Loc.
kutztown pa.
looking for advice on replacing vacuum wipers to electric.not sure as what new parts will fit or what i need to replace. thanks

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
Last edited:

BroncKrawler

Loc.
Harrisburg, Oregon
I used to run the Tom's electric wiper kit on my '68, I got really tired of it not being synchronized and couldn't justify spending $200 on the switch that sync's them up so I found a stock wiper setup on ebay for $60 that works perfect. You'll have to modify the linkage between the wipers since the 66-68 frames have the wipers in a different location. Also, look into doing the Cherokee wiper mod when you switch to electric, they fit tighter to the windshield than a stock Bronco wiper blader.

MarkM

Loc.
Seattle WA
I'm running a Specialty Power Windows universal wiper kit on my Bronco.
(Kit WWK-2) and it works great, eliminates all the extra b.s. at the top of the windshield frame, no motor or linkage to get in the way and you can have your rollcage up to within an inch of the windshield frame. only bad part is that you cant fold your windshield frame down

kwspony

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Roseville
I had a thread here a long time ago when I did the swap on my 68. I used a 73 setup and lengthened the linkage.