• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring help in OKC

TXHusker

Loc.
Edmond, OK
I finished installing the Mustang motor and everything is plumbed and ready to go..that I know of. I need electrical wiring help. Anyone here live in Oklahoma City?

OP
OP
TXHusker

TXHusker

Loc.
Edmond, OK
OKC Help?

No bronco owners in Oklahoma City on this site? Or you don't want to help me with a wiring issue in 102 degree heat? let's be honest.... ;D

sevenTseven

Loc.
Oklahoma City, OK
I live in OKC, but I think I would be more of a hindrance than a help on a wiring project.

That certainly doesnt mean that I wont come over and drink some of your beer and give you some "atta boys" and point at various wires and ask "where you gonna put that one" ;D

OP
OP
TXHusker

TXHusker

Loc.
Edmond, OK
Probably has something to do with your avatar :p

What is wrong with you??? That's the Dog's Wife!! LOL!! she cracks me up :eek: There is a debate between my wife and I as to whether those (you know what I'm talkin' about) are real or has she been.....ummm......enhanced!

OP
OP
TXHusker

TXHusker

Loc.
Edmond, OK
I live in OKC, but I think I would be more of a hindrance than a help on a wiring project.

That certainly doesnt mean that I wont come over and drink some of your beer and give you some "atta boys" and point at various wires and ask "where you gonna put that one" ;D

Sent you a PM...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Glad you found a job here. I work here in OKC but don't know much about wiring either, but my bronco has the mustang efi motor in it if you would want to take a look at it now if it's not efi i may be able to help more. oh yeah the heat may have something to do with it:p ;D

OP
OP
TXHusker

TXHusker

Loc.
Edmond, OK
Glad you found a job here. I work here in OKC but don't know much about wiring either, but my bronco has the mustang efi motor in it if you would want to take a look at it now if it's not efi i may be able to help more. oh yeah the heat may have something to do with it:p ;D

Skiddy, I have the EFI too. My first engine swap...ever.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OR, you could all go over to TXHusker's house and hang out (drinking beer and watching Dog the Bounty Hunter episodes) while waiting for those of us that are out of range to chime in with help.

Between all the handy-helping-hands and the rest of us willing to give forth with OUTYY (opinions-up-the-ying-yang), you should be just fine.

Just make sure your wife stays sober enough to keep you all focused on the garage and not the refrigerator!

What kind of electrical stuff are you working with at this point? Just trying to get the lay of the land with your new install?

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hell, tonight's probably the perfect night too! A bunch of us are getting together with our resident alien (F.C. from Texas) over at a local Hooters to talk about, er, Broncos (yeah, that's it!) and we can all help you together.
You know, sort of by the commitee method.

Paul

OP
OP
TXHusker

TXHusker

Loc.
Edmond, OK
wiring

OR, you could all go over to TXHusker's house and hang out (drinking beer and watching Dog the Bounty Hunter episodes) while waiting for those of us that are out of range to chime in with help.

Between all the handy-helping-hands and the rest of us willing to give forth with OUTYY (opinions-up-the-ying-yang), you should be just fine.

Just make sure your wife stays sober enough to keep you all focused on the garage and not the refrigerator!

What kind of electrical stuff are you working with at this point? Just trying to get the lay of the land with your new install?

Paul

that's it exactly...I am trying to understand the wiring of my new install. It truns over, but won't start. Ryan helped with the ground issue, and I am waiting for the Probst book to arrive so I can look that over for additional help. but there is nothing like wrenching with some non-sober people to really get a project going. If it's good enough for NASA astronauts, it's good enough for me!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Is it a complete new harness from one of the vendors? Or just some new wires here and there?
What kind of ignition system? Used from the donor engine? All new? A mix?

These kinds of things might actually give us a direction to send you looking while you're waiting for your drinking buddies to show up.

Have fun.

Paul

OP
OP
TXHusker

TXHusker

Loc.
Edmond, OK
harness

EFI harness from donor vehicle minus alternator and O2 harness. Added them from RJM. would have like to buy the entire harness from RJM, but strapped for cash.

I am trying to determine what is smog related and what needs to be plugged in somewhere. I think I have everything correct, but without anything to reference, it's difficult to make sure.

Thanks