• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring Issues '69

eastover

Good evening, everyone. First post on the site. I am in the middle of a prolonged rebuild on a 1969 Bronco and have had several employees put their hands on the project. Of course, with this amount of people touching it information and parts have been compromised. Currently we are attempting to put the dash back together and have a few wires without a home.

One is a yellow wire that may have a faint pink or red stripe that has been cut and spliced into a black wire that leads to nowhere we can find.

Another is again a yellow wire that appears to not have any additional markings on it that is connected through a factory splice/coupler that also was cut later.

Then there is a blue wire with a white stripe that has a terminal on it that would appear to go onto a stud, maybe on the gauge cluster.

Next is a brown wire with a female spade terminal.

Immediately behind the instrument panel are two other wires that were pulled loose while we were investigating our other issues. One is a red wire with a white stripe that has an end that would go on a stud. The other looks to be grey or black with a blue stripe with the same type end.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
E

eastover

Better yet, would it be a good idea to install a new wiring harness as I intend on LED lighting all around? Also in the works is a Vintage Air system.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey east over, welcome! I think your solution should be easy to hand it's someone pulls out their wiring diagrams. I'm not near mine right now but I think I have a couple of directions for you to start.
Also two great sources here of custom wiring diagrams. Member Seabiscuit66 and member Steve83 both have great diagrams they put together. You can Probably use the advanced search feature here, or Google.

Is the brown wire anywhere near the center of the dash? Sounds like the heater power wire. It would fit on the center stud of the heater blower switch.
Is the yellow wire that's spliced into the harness by any chance attached to a larger gauge black with yellow stripe wire? If so it might be the power feed for the ignition switch.

Hope that helps get you started.

OP
OP
E

eastover

Thank you both. I'm having fun but it's been a struggle getting this thing back together with as many people that have done bits and pieces of work on it. Probably won't be long before I'm back with another issue. Thanks again!