• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiring Questions

mikehd1200

Hi everyone,
i have recently purchased a 73 bronco. Someone replaced the wiring with a centech harness and apparantly never finished everything. They had all the lights, heater and wipers running off of a a hot wire and toggle switches from the battery. I have removed all of this wiring and have slowly fixed most of the wiring. I have 2 problems though. 1. i can turn my windshield wipors on but they will not turn off until i cut the ignition off. 2. i cant get the turn signals to work. i have replaced the flasher. when the brake lights are on and i put the turn signal switch on that particular brake light will turn off but there is no flash. I have also found another group of wires that are not connected i believe they are the hazard wires. However; when they are pressed together the both sides will flash(hazard) and if i initiate my turn signals switch they work, but i cant make the hazard flashing stop. please help.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I think it would be best if you contacted Centech to see if you can down load/purchase their installation manual for their harness. It will make your life much easier...;D

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I am not sure about the blinkers... But your issue with the wipers is not your wiring but the motor. I had the same issue and just replaced the motor and it was fixed.

mtnbiker2010

Loc.
Grand Rapids MI
I am not sure about the wipers or blinkers, but The centech wiring harness comes ready to wire the hazard switch two different ways. One way is if it is wired into the column, the other is for if it is dash mounted. Whichever one you use you just ignore the other one. If you have more questions I am in the process of doing it now (slowly but surely) so I still have the manual if you want a specific question answered I might be able to check the install manual. The manual though is very vague overall.

Popozuda7

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
I wired my rig with the centech harness, 1. Check to see that the wires are dedicated ( meaning harness conection is labeled to proper outlet. i.e. wipers to wipers, and Hazzard to Hazzard) **ALSO CHECK GROUNDING** on all wires wipers an Turn sigs. 2. I will check my wiring to follow up with you. I am pretty sure that that wipers run off your ignition switch (when turned on) but they recieve an open/close circuit from the wiper switch itself SO try testing for continuity at the switch seems it could be burnt causing it to close out an run wipers till ignition power cuts off or is turned off.. I tell you this because I got an hour of 1 to 1 with mark hamilton of mad enterprises the guru of 200+ writeups on wiring custom, race , 4x4 for all the mags we see at the newsstands ( by the way the guy schooled my tail ! ). NOW your turn sigs! You could have wires crossed an the un connected hazzard wires must be used meaning they either run off the column or such as mine run off the dash switch you can check this with the same method (of continuity) Check to see your Rear tailsocket housing is grounded this is very important! Well try this an send some info I'll do my best to help you out...... Aloha Zuda... as for my wiring I have had no problems for the past 5+ yrs, I learned the tried true way wire it right once and NO QUICK CONNECTS/CRIMPS full soldered splices with shrouded insulated swraps..