• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

wiring

gator71

Loc.
Tampa
I have a 66 bronco i purchased almost 2 years ago. The bronco has no wiring or starter solenoid or voltage regulator. My question is what do i have to wire in to turn the motor over or to see if it will start.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Regulator isn't needed, just solenoid and cables.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And just for the purpose of turning the engine over, you don't even need the circuit to the key. You can hook up the battery-to-solenoid, solenoid-to-starter and battery to ground (both the engine AND the body) and simply jumper power from the battery side of the solenoid to the small post closest to it. VV (voila and vrooooom!).

Just be sure to MAKE SURE THAT THE TRANSMISSION IS IN NEUTRAL!!! and that the negative battery terminal is just barely snug. That way you can yank the cable off if the starter sticks in the on position.
When testing it's just always good to be cautious.

Paul