• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

witch clutch with 5.0HO and zf

eviltwin

Loc.
calgary, alberta
my zf 5sp and 205 are already in , the old 289 is out and the 5.0HO is almost ready to go in. witch clutch has anyone used , mustang clutch??

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I converted my 83 full size Bronco to a 94 Mustang HO and a ZF out of a 96 F-250. The clutch out of the 83 with 302 and NP 435 fit. I used a clutch kit and the flywheel from the 83. The hydraulic release bearing kit was for the 96 F250. I believe that the clutch kit was the same part number as the clutch for the 96 F-250 (at NAPA).

Past_Miner

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used a heavy duty LUK clutch on my 351W withe the ZF. This particular clutch fits just about every Ford flywheel ever made.

LUK p/n 07-027

Mine came with that old style throwout bearing and the one for the hydraulic.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
My ZF was from an 89 so I went to Napa and asked for a Clutch and flywheel to fit for an F-250 with the ZF that was behind a 5.0L motor. It was a Napa brand but was made by LUK and was probably the same as the one posted by Past Miner. By the way, buy one that uses the larger 11" clutch not the 10".

Ben

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
CenterForce 2
Talk to Drew at Modern Motors, he is the president of the Calgary Early Bronco club and a fellow bronco owner. call him or drop a note on this website
TOFIC

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
Centerforce clutches are rebadged LUK clutches beleive it or not, Centerforce just adds the little wieghts to the fingers after buying them from LUK>

Ben