• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Woohoo, New Shoes!

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Allrighty! I just picked up my new shoes!!! I still need to finish up the Power steering mod and do the lift but damn I'm anxious to get these tires and wheels on and go for a spin!! Just to answer the questions ahead of time:

1) 3.5" Wild Horses lift with RS9000's
2) 3" Body lift, may take it down to 2" if garage height requires!
3) 35X12.5 Super Swamper SSR radials
4) 15X10 Rockcrawler style 89 Chrome mods
5) Stock 3spd with Hurst floor shifter - wanting to go NP435 next
6) 4.11 gears, not locked (YET...%) )

Whoo hoo, this is toooo much fun!

Attachments

• ssr\'s for the bronco 005.jpg
    ssr\'s for the bronco 005.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 349
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Just to see what it'd look like on the daily driver I put one up against my F...

Attachments

• ssr\'s for the bronco 004.jpg
    ssr\'s for the bronco 004.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 347
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
I have 35X12.5X16.5 BFG AT's on the F but it is quite amazing how much larger the SSR's really are...makes you wonder what some folks mean by 35"...must be a guy thing?!?%)

Attachments

• ssr\'s for the bronco 003.jpg
    ssr\'s for the bronco 003.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 345
OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
I know I know...it's just one of those domino things...want to sandblast arms and anything else I can reach when I tear into the lift and get the POR out so I'm taking my sweet time on it, but I hear ya, I need to get rolling!! Plus there's no dang room left in the garage with those meats!

Dusty

Bronco Guru
BFG tires always seem to run small for some reason. Interco tires usually are right on the money, hence why your 35" SSRs seem to dwarf your 35" BFGs.

That stuff looks nice!

Dusty

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Got 5 of 'em, just couldn't fit 'em all in the picture! ;D

Dusty, thanks - I think I'm going to like them a lot, especially once they're on the EB %)

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
they look yummy! i want to see it finished :D i bet you will like the new swampers, if you dont find time to install all of it id be glad to take it off your hands ;D

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
Damn, I didn't know that there would be that much of a difference in sizes between manufacturers. Looks pretty sweet though.

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
I was surprised too - and even the wheel diam looks off, the SSR's are on 15's and my BFG's on 16.5's...guess the SSR's just make the wheels look bigger too... The SSR's are definitely a true 35" tire on the tape meas.

Now, back to working on it...got a ways to go but will prolly slap 'em on before doing the lift just to see how they really look...I'm an impatient b*stard!

probaja

Loc.
Mesa AZ
My last post should read "Where is a good place (and price) to purchase these tires - Thanks!

68Sport

Those are gonna be awesome joe. Can't wait to see it when it is finished.

Stewart

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Thanks Stewart, I'm jazzed! I have been taking my time doing the prep work - sand blasting and POR15'ng as I go. I'm about ready now to bolt all the Power steering stuff together. To make it easier to work on I took out the Radiator and am thinking of getting that tank tested and refinished while it's out... Next up is the lift - you'd offered to help and if you are still up for that I may take you up on it - you free next weekend?!?

As to the price and location I got these at 4 Wheel Parts Truck show a couple weeks back in the Dallas Convention center. I know the guys there pretty well due to having spent a lot of time and $$ there %) and they worked a pretty good deal. All told it ran me ~$1400 for 5 tires & wheels, mounted and balanced, plus lugs and stems and their no-hassle road damage warranty. I may have been able to get 'em cheaper elsewhere but to be honest the guys up in the Plano store have been great to deal with - giving me excellent service and decent prices...so I'm a bit loyal to them I suppose! :p

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Joe,

If I didn't have to work this coming weekend I'd help you out. Let me know before the end of the week if there are any tools you might need, I probably have them, I can bring them to work with me. Those new wheels and tires are sharp!

I'm looking forward to seeing it put together with the lift and new shoes.

I'm planning on heading up to Gilmer on Memorial Day weekend (Buffett concert on Saturday stops me from going up to Clayton), Sunday and Monday, with some night wheeling on Sunday. I've got to get on the ball if I'm gonna go though, my P/S pump gave out, and so did my alternator (G3 upgrade, Yeah!)

OP
OP
tx1ton

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
Thanks Jason, appreciate that! I'm not even sure I'll really get to the lift this weekend (God work stinks taking so much of our time!)...I have to put the PS together yet, spent most of this weekend sand blasting and painting various parts in prep...when I tear into the lift I'm going to do the same, at very least POR the arms and anything else I can reach...was thinking of doing the Dana and Ford 9" as well but that would take me forever to finish at my snails pace!%)

I'll let you know what the plans are...thanks again for the offer of help too!