• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lift and wheels are on! WooHoo! MORE PICS!

OP
OP
75 Ranger

75 Ranger

Thanks again guys. The compliments validate all the hard work, time and money.

The paint: I bought it like you see it from the original owner. She told me the Ranger was all Whimbleton white from the factory (rare?) and she didn't like it all white so she had the dealer add the blue the day she bought it back in 75. In 1990 she had the paint redone using PPG paint. Only the outside was painted leaving the inside original. Whimbleton white with Bahama Blue, both 75 original colors. I have left the paint alone being that it is still in great shape.

Rocker trim: They came with the truck and are standard equipment on all/ most Rangers and I think Sports. You can get some used ones from Bronco Hut at about $100 each. There are no vendors that sell the rocker trim new...that I know of.

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
Wow that thing looks sharp! I remember when you first posted pics of your truck. It's one of my favorites!

RacinJason

Loc.
Grand Forks
Hey Paul I can't stop thinking about your truck. I love the stance. What backspace do you have on those wheels and do you get any rubbing. Thanks

OP
OP
75 Ranger

75 Ranger

Hey Paul I can't stop thinking about your truck. I love the stance. What backspace do you have on those wheels and do you get any rubbing. Thanks

The Mickey Thompson Alcoa Challenger's are 15x8 with 4" backspacing and I have yet to get any rubbing. I've only had them on for a few days and have not gone wheeling, only street use so far.

OP
OP
75 Ranger

75 Ranger

Super Sharp!
Those wheels are killer. I might have to copy you there....

Good luck with that, the wheels haven't been made in at least six years. They can be found, but not easy and bunch of luck involved. :eek:

I originally was looking for nice old slots and came across these by accident, brand new in the box. :)

I knew they would look great when I saw KuttySark's Tampico Stroppe with them on. Emulation/ copy is the greatest form of flattery.

Last edited:
OP
OP
75 Ranger

75 Ranger

Okay, okay, more pics to come. At work now and have no pics on this computer. %)

OP
OP
75 Ranger

75 Ranger

Here are some more pics as requested. I just realized I need to take some engine pics to post. I'll do that this coming weekend.