• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Would you rather...

Cooter_76

Thinking about ordering a new 4-door Bronco once the order banks open up, and trying to decide which model/options to go with. For the same money ($53K-ish), would you rather have:

Option A: Badlands, non-Sasquatch, 2.3L, 7-speed manual, hard top, high package, towing package
Pros:
- Stabilizer bar disconnect​
- I like the Badlands wheels​
- Big screen and all the fancy cameras​
- More sound deadening​
- Opportunity to teach my boys how to drive a manual (I haven't owned one in 25 years.)​
Cons:
- Can only get vinyl or leather seats in the Badlands. Vinyl may be too hot here in TX?​

Option B: Big Bend (or Heritage if they're available), Sasquatch, 2.7L, 10-speed auto, hard top, mid package, towing package
Pros:
- More power​
- Cloth seats​
- Larger Sasquatch tires may offset the lack of stabilizer bar disconnect???​
Cons:
- No fancy cameras​
- No Stabilizer bar disconnect​

Glass Pony

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sussex County Delaware
That's a tough call.
I can't comment on the MGV seats but I really like the 2.7, 360 camera and 12" screen in my wife's 2022 but IMO the non-squach 33" tires on the 4-door look a little small.
They are awesome vehicles, which ever one you choose you will be fine.
A couple more things, if you just want the tow receiver for a bike rack or hitch haul rack, I bought the receiver aftermarket for $111.00.
Get the Aux. switches for $195.00. They come pre-wired to different locations on the Bronco making adding accessories easy.

SevenT

Contributor
Loc.
Southern Colorado
Thinking about ordering a new 4-door Bronco once the order banks open up, and trying to decide which model/options to go with. For the same money ($53K-ish), would you rather have:

Option A: Badlands, non-Sasquatch, 2.3L, 7-speed manual, hard top, high package, towing package
Pros:
- Stabilizer bar disconnect​
- I like the Badlands wheels​
- Big screen and all the fancy cameras​
- More sound deadening​
- Opportunity to teach my boys how to drive a manual (I haven't owned one in 25 years.)​
Cons:
- Can only get vinyl or leather seats in the Badlands. Vinyl may be too hot here in TX?​

Option B: Big Bend (or Heritage if they're available), Sasquatch, 2.7L, 10-speed auto, hard top, mid package, towing package
Pros:
- More power​
- Cloth seats​
- Larger Sasquatch tires may offset the lack of stabilizer bar disconnect???​
Cons:
- No fancy cameras​
- No Stabilizer bar disconnect​
Go with the Badlands. You can add the 35s and takeoff rims to make it look Squatched.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
If you are truly going to wheel it go with the badlands. If you are going to just cruise and enjoy it do the Big Bend. I have had the mid package in all my new broncos and it is more than adequate yeah the fancy cameras can be nice but not necessary, the standard 9" screen is more than big enough. I have had two with MGV seats and one with leather. I liked the leather in my badlands but my wife likes the MGV better she says it is softer and more comfortable. I will say the vinyl is hot is the summer but so is the leather. Cloth seats may be cooler but again if you are going to wheel it and be getting it dirty inside and out cloth may not be the best choice.

The badlands has the upfitter switches, rock rails, sway bar disconnect, lockers front and rear. Steel front and rear bumpers, steel skid plates, two rear tow hooks 33" tire in standard trim and Bilstein shocks all standard. I believe my Badlands handled better than my wife's black diamond. I also had the 2.7 auto and it was plenty fast. I only got rid of mine because I didn't need two 4door broncos and the wife loves her Black diamond in Cyber Orange.

Instead of the Big Bend take a look at the Black Diamond trim level. Wash out floors, rock rails steel front and rear bumpers, steel skid plates, upfitter switches, steel or alloy rims all standard. I traded my Badlands in for a two door mid packaged, tow, MGV, 2.7 auto in Hot Pepper Red metallic Black diamond. And I love it. I am just waiting on my local shop to have time to put my 2" lift on so I can install some SAS take off rims and tires I got.

Good luck dont think you can go wrong with either.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I really like Hot Pepper Red metallic!
I love it too. I have never been much for red trucks. I usually stuck with silver or gray. But I saw this bronco and it just said buy me. I was going to get a gray 2door SAS Outer banks but it just didnt do it for me. I have a 2" lift sitting here with a set of SAS Wheels and tires for it but the guy that does my modern lifts (has all the alignment stuff) is on vacations for two weeks! I am really enjoying driving it even more than the Badlands I had before.

Attachments

• 20221220_165412.jpg
    20221220_165412.jpg
    324.9 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
Cooter_76

Cooter_76

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I test drove a Badlands with the MGV, soft top and 2.3/7MT today. The vinyl was nicer than I'd expected, and the Bronco was very comfortable overall. The soft top was pretty quiet too.
I don't know if I'm any closer to deciding what I want. Will have to mull it over some more.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I really like Hot Pepper Red metallic!
I love it too. I have never been much for red trucks. I usually stuck with silver or gray. But I saw this bronco and it just said buy me. I was going to get a gray 2door SAS Outer banks but it just didnt do it for me. I have a 2" lift sitting here with a set of SAS Wheels and tires for it but the guy that does my modern lifts (has all the alignment stuff) is on vacations for two weeks! I am really enjoying driving it even more than the Badlands I had before.

Same same Love it

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I test drove a Badlands with the MGV, soft top and 2.3/7MT today. The vinyl was nicer than I'd expected, and the Bronco was very comfortable overall. The soft top was pretty quiet too.
I don't know if I'm any closer to deciding what I want. Will have to mull it over some more.

I've been told buy a guy w/bronco shop, Wildtrak is better in his opinon, than the Badlands.. Make sure you at least check one out

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Badlands adding a 2" lift/leveling kit with a swap out to 35" tires and you have the look/feel of a SAS'd truck. I've owned a non sas'd mid level 4cyd OBX and now a SAS'd high level 6 cylinder OBX.... Had I not had rotator Cuff surgery on my right shoulder, I also looked at and drove a 4cyl lifted on 38" tires with a Fox suspension system installed underneath. I would have zero issues with going with the 4 cylinder equipped Bronco with a manual. That truck shifted better than my Ford Focus RS. AND I do not live or work, in a heavy traffic area.