• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wow for $3500

Status
Not open for further replies.

lekount

Loc.
ATL
it is a scam

they want your name/ebay name so they can hijack this info for other purposes...it is DEFINITELY a scam...

Similar tpe message came to me on a totally redone EB with lots of work for $4500.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Yea, they will send you a link to what looks like an ebay page, however its actually a site they create to look like ebay. It asks you for your ebay user id and login which you promptly enter. Since the website is theirs they now have your user id and password. They then list crap on ebay or create further phishing scams so that they can grow (exponentially) their ability to scam others.

I would not send them anything or contact them in any way. Best case you feel better by jacking with them, but they still have your email address and now you are flooded with spam advertising a drug that will "increase size";D
Dennis

bswaybar

Major scam.....I got the guy to send me more pics...On one of the pics there is a Texas tag number, ran the tag and called the listed owner (here in Texas) He said he sold it a year ago on Ebay for $15,000. The pics sent to me were from the Ebay auction from a year ago! Don't fall victim to it!! My father always said "If it sounds/looks to good to be true, it usually is!!"

carhauler

Loc.
Harford Co. MD
Here's another tip off. DAS is one of the worst at shipping vehicles within a given timeframe. I swear to this, a buddy shipped his truck from MD to the west coast with DAS. They gave him an ETA of 2 weeks, it took over a month & got there damaged. This guy says it will be to you're door in 3 days? No way. Vehicles sit in DAS marshalling yards for longer than that before they are even dispatched to a truck. They are horrible & almost everybody I've talked to that has dealt with them says the same thing, LOUSY. That's the business I'm in, so I hear alot about them (none good). They pay alot of money to have their name on ebay. Horseless Carriage, Proficent Transport, or Exotic Transport are the guys to use to ship something like that long distances.

Swaayze

Loc.
DFW, TX
I bit on it too, figured it was a typo. Got the same email. Funny thing is I fly for free so I considered arranging to meet with him just to call his bluff, but decided I'd be wasting my time. If you read the ad you can tell it was cut and paste from some other vehicle. Nobody in their right mind would describe a Bronco like that: "classic car". WTFO?

Status
Not open for further replies.