• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

KY WTT:Built 93 Mustang Notch for EB

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
M

mustangboy

Tell me about it. Oh well not that big of deal, notches are only going up in value so its not like I'm losing money owning it

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
not a lack of love but the real world selling value on that car is about $7000 or so. IF you can get $13,000 then do so and by a nice bronco. I have bought and sold 50 or so mustangs in the last few years and it is no different then most vehicles. you never get your money back :(

OP
OP
M

mustangboy

Well I would say real world value is a little more than $7k hell that would be enough to just buy the engine and stand alone computer. I actually had a guy recently that had $13k in his pocket and would have gladly given me every penny of it for my car but at the time I did not want to sell. I know the market is crap right now that is why I have it for a trade.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
not a lack of love but the real world selling value on that car is about $7000 or so. IF you can get $13,000 then do so and by a nice bronco. I have bought and sold 50 or so mustangs in the last few years and it is no different then most vehicles. you never get your money back :(

You could get a car like Mustang Boy's for 7G...really? I'm not being ignorant towards you, but I'm honestly curious as a consultant.

I've seen snake oil combo's that look like Mustangboy's, but to the trained eye they are junks. Small details like painted over lock cores and tape lines on the wiper arms nubs are dead giveaways to a shotty repaint. To the average crackslister, however it's a screamin deal. Look at that baby shine.

I can vow that even as an independent consultant, a car like Mustangboy's cannot be had for around 7; not up in my neck of the woods. People aren't letting them go up here, not the good ones. The grenade combos are for certain to be going for around the 7 asking price you are speaking of (especially Ebay deals), but a well documented, dyno-tuned car that has the best of the best aren't being let go for anywhere near that cheap.

If they are as clean as his, minus motor upgrades, you are looking at 9-11 up here. If you get into a properly built blown combo, you just stepped up into the 13+ region.

IF you've sold 5.0's like you claim you have, then you'd know how hard it is to find a truly-clean Fox Notch. I can go onto any newer Mustang board and the general consensus is that Fox Notches, that are really clean
(not makeup pretty), are very hard to come by.

OP
OP
M

mustangboy

WheelHorse I think I was starting to lose my marbles over the comments I get about what I would sell it for. I think for a legit clean lower miles stock 5.0 minor bolt on you could expect to get approx $7k or more. But for a clean built motor car w/ no power adder I don't think $11-13k is out of question. Add a turbo or blower or a dart blocked engine and $15k or more is the norm. There is just way too many beaters out there that guys try to pass off as "really clean" cars these days. I realize the market is way down but people are still willing to pay for quality cars when they find them.

Bronco_69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Monette Ar
I did not mean to offend anyone here and my only response woud be.

with all the mustang boards and car sites on the net, IF the car is worth the $$$ why has it been for sale for so long?

I am not saying that a buyer would never come along but if you are trying to move a car you have to price it right for the market / economy. I dont blame a guy for holding onto a car in these times but you are a fool if you have not noticed the falling prices of muscle cars. I bought a 04 oxford white cobra last month for $12000. 500 rwhp and it is clean. I sold a 93 hatch with a built 357 (canfield heads, trickflow r intake, balanced, etc) and tremec 3550 (all new), new paint, 5 lug, new tires, nicer interior, stereo, new galss, and more for $6000 and felt lucky to get it.

I also sold a LS1/t56 69 SS camaro with a rotissery (sp) restoration for $31,000. that car would have sold for $45,000-$50,000 4 years ago. it was perfect with ac, 27mpg, 400 rwhp on the motor and a bottle to boot :)

OP
OP
M

mustangboy

Don't worry guy you didn't offend me. The only reason my car has been for sale so long is this is the only place I have it listed for sale. I don't really have interest in selling it just trading for a nice Bronco. I'm sure if I listed it all over the internet I could sell it but I havn't done that. Plus like I said it is not going to go down in value so if it sits no big deal.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I did not mean to offend anyone here and my only response woud be.

with all the mustang boards and car sites on the net, IF the car is worth the $$$ why has it been for sale for so long?

I am not saying that a buyer would never come along but if you are trying to move a car you have to price it right for the market / economy. I dont blame a guy for holding onto a car in these times but you are a fool if you have not noticed the falling prices of muscle cars. I bought a 04 oxford white cobra last month for $12000. 500 rwhp and it is clean. I sold a 93 hatch with a built 357 (canfield heads, trickflow r intake, balanced, etc) and tremec 3550 (all new), new paint, 5 lug, new tires, nicer interior, stereo, new galss, and more for $6000 and felt lucky to get it.

I also sold a LS1/t56 69 SS camaro with a rotissery (sp) restoration for $31,000. that car would have sold for $45,000-$50,000 4 years ago. it was perfect with ac, 27mpg, 400 rwhp on the motor and a bottle to boot :)

http://jackson.craigslist.org/cto/2035507895.html

For instance, you have to ask yourself how has this car been tuned? FMU's are unreliable. Then you see the Explorer upper intake, not bad, but certainly not anywhere near performance. Let alone, look at the description, you'd think the guy would be able to spell his modifications well enough that they'd make some sense. Plus it's an AOD; you get one out of ten guys that like AOD's in Fox's. How about injectors? 24's won't get it done and I'm pretty positive that he's likely under maf'd.

http://jackson.craigslist.org/cto/2058817396.html

Again over 10G invested ok, how many miles...140+? Clean car fax, any tears in the floors, will it need upper and lowers, interior condition, any signs of the subs being adjusted...I've been to look at cars like this any all have been a complete waste of my client's and my own time.

http://jackson.craigslist.org/cto/2046278717.html

Then you have this one of none ever made SVT Cobra automatic.

Like I said, repaints are easy to come by as well as auctioned off rides. I guess it depends on what one's standards are.

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
and your point is? those are "asking" prices. the cobra is not a cobra.

My first point is this, if you let your Fox go at a huge loss; my condolences go out to you. Without seeing pictures, knowing if it was carb'd or anything else about it, maybe 6G was lucky to obtain for it. Of course, this is the internet, so you could show us any award winning 'Stang and claim it was yours...you have to think about how the end-user perceives it. Besides, throw a carb on a Fox and they just became 5 times harder to move, emissions testing or not; that's a cold hard fact.

The same with the '04 Termi. I can vow that no clean Termi will be had for 12G with low mileage. Maybe 140,000 on the odo up here you could pick one up for the price you've mentioned that needs some major work, or if it had a befuddled CarFax, then sure...it's an auctioneers dream. Maybe you have the hook ups with the local police or bank and picked it up for a screamin deal that not many else would have the availability to purchase such a machine for half of the realistic price for anyone else.

Here's what has tanked recently.

03-04 Mach's have come way down in price.

SN's have come way down in price.

Fox's have not come way down, not the clean ones. Those guys aren't in a hurry to move them (long paid off, cheap to insure), keeping the market, perhaps, speculatively high, but nonetheless, its just the way it is for now.

You go ahead and search Crackslist, autotrader and every other trader by me...Zip is 60517 friend, and all nice Termi's are still into the mid to high 20's.

My second point is, if you had to take a loss, or obtained the deal of a century, to come on and say MB's car should go for 7G is ...... on many levels. Obviously you're still upset regarding something in your sales history, but don't come on and spread negativity because you're disgruntled over it.

As far as I recall, the rules were not to comment on a price unless it was specifically asked for.

I want to publicly apologize to MB for mucking up his thread, but I certainly could not allow the slander of another member's ride to continue on the path it was going.

OP
OP
M

mustangboy

Guys the wife now wants a boat so I may be interested in trading down to free up some cash for the boat. Also just put a D&D t56 6 speed in the car as well. and that puppy was over $3k for everything.

OP
OP
M

mustangboy

Allright we are getting the boat without selling the stang but now I'm back to wanting a Bronco. So if by chance anyone is open to a trade let me know. Thanks.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
you should drive this down to the super celebration. you'd probably drive a bronco home.

OP
OP
M

mustangboy

Well damn it looks like the super celebration is on my kids spring break and the wife made family plans for us. Oh well I'll keep bumping it up as one day someone will want to trade for a beautiful fast stang. I'm not giving up hope yet

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
you should drive this down to the super celebration. you'd probably drive a bronco home.

That's actually a really good idea.

You'd be able to check out both rides in person and know right there if it was a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.