• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

X - Reference for Plain Steel Wheels

c130puke

Loc.
Iowa City, IA
None of my local yards has any EBs, so I need a cross reference for some plain old factory steel wheel. Did the F-150 series trucks use the same wheels? If so, what years? What size wheel is it, and as far as that goes, what size tire was original? I have a '71 EB. Thanks again.

71pony

Loc.
SLC Utah
Auto Crafters can help you out on any of those (original) parts. Good luck with you restoration.

Bronconut

I think that just about every ford 1/2 ton van/truck and even later model Broncos used the same wheel up until the mid '80's. It is a very common wheel. But the wheels are a 15 x 5.5 with a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern.<br><br>As far as tire size goes. A 225/75/15 is pretty close to stock size, maybe even a 235/75/15 depending on your factory GVW package. I put 235's on my 68 when I took of the original 7.00-15's and they are a tad wider, but pretty dare close.

OP
OP
C

c130puke

Loc.
Iowa City, IA
[quote author=Bronconut link=board=5;threadid=12483;start=0#92993 date=1040334467]<br>I think that just about every ford 1/2 ton van/truck and even later model Broncos used the same wheel up until the mid '80's. It is a very common wheel. But the wheels are a 15 x 5.5 with a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern.<br><br>As far as tire size goes. A 225/75/15 is pretty close to stock size, maybe even a 235/75/15 depending on your factory GVW package. I put 235's on my 68 when I took of the original 7.00-15's and they are a tad wider, but pretty dare close.<br>[/quote]<br><br>thanks a bunch for the very thorough and detailed answer. i'm off to the yard this weekend - it's actually nice in Iowa this December. imagine that.