• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

yeah or neah on another efi build thread

66fora69er

glad you got rid of the surge. i do believe that the computer will still be trying to pull timing and idle air to drop the idle down to 660 rpm. not really a big issue though.

I would like to see his build go off with as few problems as possible and a cam swap is alot easier right now then once it is in the bronco. i have had the B cam in my 1st 5.0 and i can imagine anyone liking it in a bronco.

I have a B cam in my 5.0 and love it. Why do you think it would be a bad thing?

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
ok so tonight i got the tank brackets tack welded and the tank back in. i then drilled the hole in the firewall for the ecm harness and started re-assembly under the hood. no pics tonight maybe tomorrow. i am hoping to try and swing the motor in tomorrow night but we'll see. i only can get in about 2-3 hours worth of work a night or i'll drop.

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
well tonight i finished up securing the wiring across the firewall. i also got the new engine off the stand and installed the flywheel, clutch assy, and bellhousing. i also ground down the block area for the missing bolt hole that the late model block is missing for the clucth linkage. i have the engine hanging and ready to be installed first thing tomorrow morning. i hope to have it all bolted up and have most of the efi harness and electronic items under the hood all buttoned up. then if i have time maybe install the tranny if not there is always sunday. here are some pics.
004-3.jpg

003-3.jpg

001-2.jpg

LilRedBronco

Loc.
Belmont, California
ok so the engine is your basic stock late model 1990 mexican block bored .030 over, all new pistons/rods, stock crank, b-303 motorsports cam, edelbrock e-street heads, 1.6 ratio roller rockers, stock injection from 1990 mustang. as for the paint it is all store bought rustoleom for all the intake, valve covers, pulleys and accessories. it is their hammer tone paints the intake is the charcoal gray the pulleys is black and the some other parts silver. the valve covers i took the original mustangs and stripped them then after zinc chromate primer masked off the tops painted the original ford blue color. i had stencil decals to look like the original writing of the old valve covers layed that on top of the blue then sprayed the charcoal color. when dry peeled the stencil off then clear coated them. this all done with cheezy spray cans. i had to somewhat keep myself on a budget. i didn't want a hipo engine due to the fact this is my daily driver. the mods i made where to me mild and not extreme. i made it look faster instead, sorry guys. i wanted to have a little chop at idle so that is why i used the b-303 cam. the headers are wild horses bare stainless.

That engine looks amazing as I am sure many have said already. I really like just looking at things like that more so than art. So thanks for posting all of this. I am envious of your garage.

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
That engine looks amazing as I am sure many have said already. I really like just looking at things like that more so than art. So thanks for posting all of this. I am envious of your garage.
thank you. don't be envious of my garage because its not mine. it's my shop at work. i am a marine mechanic by trade. here are some more pics after todays day of work. i got the engine, tranny and transfer case all back in and started wiring the engine all up. todays was a ver productive day for me. each day i get closer. also i don't understand why so many people seem to have to move their radiator support forward. i just kind of layed the radiator in which is the 4.0 explorer radiator and sat the 1/2" fan spacer on the pulley and layed the fan on and there is plenty of room. no less i am using the mustang serp setup which i think is even further out than all the 5.0 explorer setups.
009-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

006-3.jpg

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
How are you getting the injection tuned, chip, moates Q/H ,or tweecar? imo the moates is the way to go, you can turn off egr, air pump, set idle, pretty much anything the fuel injection controls(and spark) You can monitor and change on the fly.

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
How are you getting the injection tuned, chip, moates Q/H ,or tweecar? imo the moates is the way to go, you can turn off egr, air pump, set idle, pretty much anything the fuel injection controls(and spark) You can monitor and change on the fly.
wasn't planning on touching the ecm program. just looking for all the basics of the stock ecm. this is my daily driver.

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
glad you got rid of the surge. i do believe that the computer will still be trying to pull timing and idle air to drop the idle down to 660 rpm. not really a big issue though.

I would like to see his build go off with as few problems as possible and a cam swap is alot easier right now then once it is in the bronco. i have had the B cam in my 1st 5.0 and i can imagine anyone liking it in a bronco.

funny thing, Marty listen to bronco_69, my e cam is great for carb, but again my surge returned, when the engine is warm, the surge disappears when in drive(c4), and when parked idle surge between 800-1000, tps reads .9, set idle , rechecked timing(set to 10degrees), installed a kirban adjustable FPR, set to 45psi(from what i read i would actually need a new burn on my sct chip to adjust for the 45psi)-well I have the bronco under wrap..epoxy garage, so i have not taken new codes, but i would suggest lean HEGO would show up again, I have read rjm and sbf's step by step base timing and i feel a little stupid, I think i stabbed dizzy correct, bumped engine tdc, but when i stabbed the dizzy in, is my rotor suppossed to point 10 BTDC when HB reads TDC? anyhow, if its not the dizzy then its the cam like bronco 69 suggested, so i am about to make an appointment at a local dyno shop and have them reburn the piggyback sct program to my a3m1

OP
OP
M

marty

Loc.
massapequa, n.y.
ok well that sucks that all the pictures i posted are gone here. i have no idea how to post them. i have tried i think ever possible way to get them posted here and that was the only way to get them to come up. if anyone here knows how for me to post them pm me here and if you can leave a detailed instruction for me i would appreciate it. i am a not very computer savy with the picture posting thing. i am using photobucket. why did it let me post them for so many days and then remove them?