• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

yearly property taxes on Broncos?

Tugross302

We pay personal property tax on all our vehicles each year plus a license fee each year. License is $50/ year but antique plates are $50 for 25 years. But there are driving restrictions with antique tags. If you have regular tags then you have to get an annual inspection sticker also that costs $14. I get one bill for all my vehicles so I pay $1000 per year.
1998 Tahoe
2013 Tahoe
2012 explorer
2015 Wrangler
2015 Cherokee
1976 bronco
1977 bronco

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
It’s very minimal in NC. Think they place the value around $800 (wish they could be had for that) and it’s under $10 a year. Years ago there were antique plates available, but not any more.

No, but they will let you run an old plate, just keep your new plate and registration in the Bronco. At least that's what our NC tag office informed me.

Property tax $5.00.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Here in Orlando there are no emission checks and I only pay $26.00 a year for a little sticker (and registration) I put on my license plate.

Never heard of y'all property tax on a vehicle, unless that's what my registration equates too a "property tax".
I always thought that yearly fee was to help pay for roads since the fee seems to be based on the weight and age of your vehicle. Heavier vehicles do more wearing/damage to the road and newer cars are driven more and older cars have theoretically already paid their fare share through the years.

6 of one,... half a dozen of the other, lol....A fee is a few...or a tax...

lol same here, just checked and I can get a classic plate for 90.00 for 10 years

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
I had to get a state inspector to come out and verify I had an antique. Once that was done they sent me an antique tag.

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Just picked up an antique tag a couple weeks ago. Around 27 bucks and it lasts as long as I own the vehicle. If I pick up a pair of 72 plates they will transfer to them no charge. It was basically the same when I was in Michigan. Ken