• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yeller's Broncno Build: New Adventures!

BradH

Loc.
Blandinsville, Il
Yes these are E rated at 39xx pounds each, I've found that if the compound and tread block play nice together that its really not an issue in rocks/dirt/mud. Don't get to play in snow but do get to in sand, I'll be sure to test them out 😁 FYI they do make the 40" in a C rated.
I witnessed you in snow!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Ok, it's the weekend, TIME for the next trip and Pics Mr. Sharp :)

ssray

Loc.
South Central NE
I didn’t do it I swear ocifer 🤣

Looked like a meteor to me, I was awake and saw it through the window. We were close enough to hear the boom.
Hey, that’s pretty cool….all I’ve ever seen is the meteor showers! Always small. I did get in on the earthquake Salina KS had a while back. Heard a hanging lamp rattle for several seconds but then realized no vehicle or train was near by. Looked up seismic activity and saw that there had been a quake down there at that time.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Never seen or heard a meteor land, that must be interesting/exciting! Strange that it didn't make it more widespread in the news.

[HIJACK]
LOL, a friend of mine used to 'do' the "drunk driver" routine so often that he got really good at it and grew so deathly afraid that he'd slip into it unintentionally when he got pulled over that he quit doing it altogether!

Another friend ("MISF" for those who recall him) used to keep a piece of chalk in the glove box. Hash marks by 5's on the underside of the roof (no headliner) over the driver's door every time he got pulled over and got a ticket (which was every time he got pulled over). A mutual friend saw that car 15 years after he'd sold it and looked to see if the hash marks were still there. They were, all 34 of them.......
[/HIJACK]

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Like most meteors it discentagrated in the atmosphere so no crater to look at. I know the meteor hunters were in full swing. Meteor rocks are very highly sought after and more valuable than gold.

That’s a funny story lol. I’ll continue with a different line of thought. Used to have a buddy that owned an off road shop and wrecker service. He had a Dodge Ram Charger with 1 tons and a 426 hemi. On the drivers side was drawn in paint marker a bow tie or blue oval for every Chevy or Ford he had pulled out. There were a lot of each lol.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Like most meteors it discentagrated in the atmosphere so no crater to look at. I know the meteor hunters were in full swing. Meteor rocks are very highly sought after and more valuable than gold.

That’s a funny story lol. I’ll continue with a different line of thought. Used to have a buddy that owned an off road shop and wrecker service. He had a Dodge Ram Charger with 1 tons and a 426 hemi. On the drivers side was drawn in paint marker a bow tie or blue oval for every Chevy or Ford he had pulled out. There were a lot of each lol.

too funny

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Been a busy several months, unfortunately not busy with the bronco…..

The spare tire that I carry on the roof is actually a second trailer spare. Well that got to the point that it needed to be dedicated to a trailer so I picked up a wheel off eBay and a buddy that runs a pro lite truck gave me a take off so the bronco now has a dedicated spare. I really should do a mount but I don’t want more hardware permanently attached to the roof. When we are pleasure cruising around home the spare stays at home.

Interestingly enough this weighs 4# less than the old one and the tire itself weighs 10# more. This aluminum wheel weighs 14# less than the steel mod style trailer wheel it replaced.

Getting close to loading up and leaving for a bit😉

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpeg
    IMG_0135.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 17

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Those are my most favorite 8 lug wheel. If a narrow 16" original pattern 8 lug wheel is the need you can't do better IMO. I'm told that the original Alcoas are lighter than the later wheels, but I no longer have any to judge by.

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
It’s an early Alcoa. Weighed 18#. Crazy light for a wheel that just doesn’t fail.

Wish they had a little less back spacing, I’d bore the pilot to hub centric and run them on my trailers. Especially my single axle, it gets so many miles on it a true running wheel would be beneficial.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
They are that good, but I hear you on the BS. It's a bit too much for most vehicles.

i-7ttLcXJ-L.jpg

^^^ T-Day weekend 2009, Sherwin Grade heading towards Bishop on US 395, Freak Storm caught a lot of people off-guard. At our camp spot several miles off pavement at midnight there was 2" on the ground. By 3AM there was over a foot. Time to leave. This is after about 4 hours of driving in white-out conditions wanting to get below the snow level.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I wonder how much shim spacer it would take to make them effectively zero offset wheels? I recall looking at the numbers when I got my first set for the '79 Suburban, but that was 20 years ago (!). Gratuitous pic of said '79 Sub in Baja 1K pit support mode:
i-4QDQD69.jpg

I need to see if I still have that yellow rubber duck mascot and put it in the Wagon if I do. I noticed that it was in the '91 Sub above in one of the pics that I found of it. Seems appropriate that the Wagon continue the tradition.

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I wonder how much shim spacer it would take to make them effectively zero offset wheels? I recall looking at the numbers when I got my first set for the '79 Suburban, but that was 20 years ago (!). Gratuitous pic of said '79 Sub in Baja 1K pit support mode:
i-4QDQD69.jpg

I need to see if I still have that yellow rubber duck mascot and put it in the Wagon if I do. I noticed that it was in the '91 Sub above in one of the pics that I found of it. Seems appropriate that the Wagon continue the tradition.
Its a full 1" to get them to "0". They are 4.75", at 6.5" wide 3.75 is "0". The offset number for them is +26 or +25 depending on which chart you look at LOL. If they were 4.25" I'd be running them on my trailer. However, no way am I putting a spacer on a trailer, it just isn't worth the effort or the potential issues.

Mascots are always fun, mine tend to be temporary for a trip or event.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I'm OK with a shim type of spacer because those tend to be self-limiting in how big they can get. Yeah, an inch is too far, bummer. I'll never use a bolt-on spacer as this is their designed-in failure mode:

i-PDmH2mm-M.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hope you have a GREAT trip Young man.. Take lots of Pics...

OP
OP
Yeller

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Didn’t realize I hadn’t posted this here for archiving. Anyone else with 37’s match this number or smaller?

Attachments

• IMG_2724.png
    IMG_2724.png
    490.2 KB · Views: 37