• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Yet another Stereo/Speaker Thread

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How much of a problem is it for speakers/cd players to get wet? Is hosing out the bronco going to destroy non-marine equipment? Will a single DIN head fit in the stock location? I like MrLavenders speaker locations, here, is there any reason NOT to put them there? I do not have a hard top, not getting one, no back seat, for now. Going to add a soft top once i get some square aluminum. Will condensation be an issue with speakers? I know whenever i left my top down on the heep, years back, it would be pretty wet in the morning.

Thanks

LS

bronccar

I'm running a bazooka marine sub in my J##P and will do the same in the bronco. Otherwise, head will likely be in console, and may try to retro a J##P soundbar to my bronco.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
i fit a 1.5 DIN in my old one.
had to relocate the dash lights to above the knobs.
a single will fit in the dash just fine.

clkwrkorg36

you can buy a marine cover for the stereo, and that will protect it. as for the speakers get marine ones, and you won't have to worry about it. in the long run that is your best bet.

clkwrkorg

you could always make some fiberglass kickpanels to house a 5.25 or 6.5 in the front, that's what i did to keep from having to cut into the body.

clkwrkorg

it's not very difficult, just takes a little time the first few times. if you have any questions let me know. i'll try to take some pictures so you will understand better.

OP
OP
lonesouth

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll look into it a little and come back if need more info. Thanks