• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

You know you drive an Early Bronco when?

crtilghman

That's why you get a soft top silly it's when you time sundown because there's a 50/50 chance your headlights won't work LOL

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Guilty of both of these:
"When you have a direct deposit out of your paycheck for the bronco account...
$3,000 of bronco in the garage, $40,000 of car in the driveway..."

You know you drive a Bronco when your looking for a new house and it has to have either a 3 car garage or an out building to store and work on the Bronco or able to have said 3rd garage added to the property.

When you find the ideal property and drop another $15k to build a garage that turns your attached two car into an attached 6 car garage and you only have 3 vehicles. ;D

You know your wife's got the sickness too when she points out Broncos on vacation, on TV and in movies. Not to mention she's working extra OT to pay off the garage addition, God I love that woman!

myclsic69

When the guy next door is a life long Chevy fan, But is always interested in your Bronco restoration.

is_wiz

Loc.
Leesburg, VA
-When the wife asks you to drive into town to get carrots and you don't complain cuz the bronco is currently drivable.

-When your facebook friends tell you to stop posting updates about your latest bronco upgrade.

-when your neighbor thinks you sell tires for a living, you try to deny it, but the stack of tires behind you is taller than you are.

-Your bronco gets 10mpg and you drive it all the time, but still complain about the price of gas.

-Other people talk about their kids and pets, you talk about your bronco, "it did the cutest thing the other day"

-Every two months your wife thinks you have developed a love affair with the mailbox.

--And then you don't read the magazine, you memorize it.

---Despite the ads and prices being nearly the same for the last 10 years you proceed to reread them.

-Your camera has more pictures of your bronco than anything else.

-The auto parts store employees know you by name

-Everytime you drive past an auto part store you try to remember what you need.

custom-cruiser

Loc.
Boise,ID
You have to roll down the drivers window (with a broken crank) to let yourself out, smile and think to yourself "I'm gonna fix that right after....."

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
When it's 30 degrees outside and your so anxious to put a part back on it that you use a heat gun on the part so you can rattle can it and actually see it dry sometime soon. I hate winter!;D

94broncoboy

Loc.
Tulsa oklahoma
When it's 2:22am and you just read all 15 pages of this post.

When a man who is at least 50 years old (me being 16, him lookin like Santa) calls your car a "righteous ride"

"when cops pull you over or talk to you and scare the crap out of you just to offer to buy your car"

When you realize you are the luckiest sob 16 year old cause you have a ranger made in 76 and the only fix is a belt needing to be tightened

ghettoct

Loc.
williamsburg
When it's 30 degrees outside and your so anxious to put a part back on it that you use a heat gun on the part so you can rattle can it and actually see it dry sometime soon. I hate winter!;D

good one. we put the painted parts in front of the torpedo heater to dry

rekoj71

When the wife never lets you live down the time you talked her into helping you take off the hard top and it was just the two of you, cause you just couldn't wait any longer.

When you quit measuring miles per gallon and start concentrating on smiles per gallon.

When the kids want to go along on all of your errands no mater what they are.

When the UPS guy has been watching your buildup and waits to see you open your new part to see what you got for it this time.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
When you save any scrap from your build because you know you'll end up using it later for something else. Example: I cut off the bottom half of an extra large ammo can to make into a glove box. The top half with a lid is now a heater to warm up my paint cans and parts. I slide the lid over a bit and stick my heat gun into the top so it makes a nice little oven. Heck I might even throw a burrito in it so I have something to snack on while I'm working. LOL

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
When you find something for an eb you know doesn't work and will never be used. And you can't live without it anyways haha

I found a box of crap in the attic from when I first got the bronco. Some things I'm actually going to use on my build now but the rest will go back in the attic. I love parts that end with the statement "I might need that later"!