• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Your thoughts on eb i will look at tomorro...?

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
I am looking at this Eb tomorro for a buddy... What do you think of the price? I havent shopped in a while for EB's, but i know it is a time to find really good deals on toys...?

Let me know, good or bad..

Stroked 351 (tons of power),headers, Mallory Ignition, Dual Batteries with kill switch, Edelbrock Intake, Edelbrock 650cfm Carb, Aluminum Radiator, Electric fan, Pwr Steering, NP435 (4spd with granny low), Dana 20 T Case, Dana44 with 4:56 gears, open carrier & Drum brakes, Extended SS brake lines, Big Bearing 9”, 4:56 gears, Detroit Locker, 5.5” Lift, Wristed Radius Arm, Driverside radius arm is beefed up, 35” Claws (80%)on new 15x10 Classics, new drivelines, traction bars. Body needs work here and there. Its pretty much rust free and has always been garaged. The floors are covered with alum diamond plating for protection. Passenger side rear quarter had a dent and rust so I cut it out and purchased a replacement panel to go back in. I haven’t put it in yet. The front of the truck is all fiberglass and hinges in reverse for ease of getting to the engine. The body is set up with fiberglass door inserts permanently with new black canvas half doors (not installed). I have a new black bikini top and bracket that need to go on. 2 new Fender Flairs (Gorilla Warflares), New windshield gasket (no windshield) once its painted. 6 point cage but no front or rear bumpers. Has good seats, 5 point belts, stock rear seat and a spare tire.

I have all the extra parts that were taken off the rig like trim, lights etc to complete once its painted. The axles, t-case/trans/engine and frame are painted.

$3500 Firm

3k63o63l81f212714291hb087cd1b74c21b20.jpg
3n83k53p11111f11gd91h705fe2f2925b13ad.jpg

3n23p83of12b1321g291hc5d02c48cb391da3.jpg
3n53k33mb11012114691h823584e5c3d517ca.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Looks pretty high for the shape its in and the amount of work needed to complete.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Who has a stroked 351 and doesn't know how big it is? There is a lot of crap there. $3500.00 Firm? The word firm makes me not even go see it. because My high offer would be 2k

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Lots of B/S

But I'm like Bax I was thinking 2500.00 not 3500.This is one of those you take the cash in hand and wave the GREEN...and YOU get to be the ONLY GAME IN TOWN...

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Go take a look, bring a camera and be open. It's a project, your freind can buy a decent one runnig for that kind of cash right now. Hell, I bought a beautiful one in the New England Salt belt that runs and drives for about a grand more and that was before the market fell apart over a year ago. Cash talks check out the tub hear it run and go from there. If its firm, walk away...

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
I'd wonder what's under that protective diamond plate. Mine was "rust free" (po cut it out and replaced with a bondo sculpture). Still a lot of work there. Cash talks 2000-2500

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Diamond plate in my experience means HIDING RUST. I've been eyeing unfinished projects myself. Why doesn't he finish it? What's the story with the rig? These are all questions to ask.

I'd seriously look it over and lay out ALL of his parts and see if the parts are there to finish it. There's nothing more time consuming or frustrating to be missing a simple little bracket or set of bolts when you put it back together.

Also I'd bring 30-$100 bills and look it over if it looks like your kinda rig start counting them out on the table. If he doesn't bite, then leave your number. He'll probably call you back. Good luck...

If you show up with a trailer and do the above you just might go home with a new toy...

roccolukasik

Loc.
Ohio Michigan border
Is your friend mechanically inclined?There is alot of work done there yet still alot to go.The diamond plate worries me so does the fact that the door inserts are permanently in place;now mine are done that way but my whole bronco is fiberglass,might want to check the height on that roll cage as well looks like it could be a little high,Imay be wrong I am quite often.To me it looks like a good buy but you never know until you see it in person.Good luck I bet he would go for 3,000.Times are tough sucks for him good for you.

Last edited:

basher13

Loc.
East of Renton
Pretty sure your buddies not gonna want a restored rig, if he did you wouldn't be looking at it. I'd check out the work that's been done, if it's solid and not hacked, take cash and see what he'll take. It's been for sale for couple weeks now, you see the fairly stock one in Puyallup for the same price?
If you think you and a couple friends can have it put together and rattlecanned in a few weekends I say go for it. I bet this one looks better in person, let us know.

bronko69er

EB Addict
Loc.
Renton, WA
Pretty sure that's Eric's (68 broncoholic on here) from Carnation.
I've seen it once, but it was a few years ago.
I'm sure he'll get on and answer more questions.

OP
OP
carter2772

carter2772

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Camano Island, Wa
It is a good trail rig, set up for wheel'n. Runs good, wasnt able to drive it. It does need some body work, less than what is seen by the pics, but more than what my friends wants to take on. He is looking for a EB, that is more original condition, that he can do the 4x mods to, and has a better body.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
Its mine and no, there is no rust under the diamond plate. It was added because of the huge hole someone made to fit the NP435. Then they must of went nuts or tried to match the look. It all comes off easy if you don't like it. If you look from the bottom side, there is no rust either.

I'm actually going to take it off the market and keep it.

Thanks guys!