• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ZF with a twin sticked D20-J shift?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I found a good line on a ZF for pretty cheap-- 6 bills. I am trying to anticipate any issues. I spoke with Chuck at BC about their kit and he was helpful. One concern I had was the location of the D20 once its all bolted up. I understand that the whole tranny-transfercase is much longer. It makes sense that the TC is therefore moved back farther. My concern is the location of the twin sticks coming through the floor and my ability to mount them on the tranny/TC since normally they are mounted to the intermediate housing (stock). Chuck said that they use a spot on the ZF to bolt the shifter usually...but I was wondering if anyone had pics of their setup with any shifter--although a twin stick would be choice. I could not find any pics on his site. Also, is a BL necessary or just helpful? If so, will a one inch do the trick. Thanks for your time and experience.

John

OP
OP
trailpsycho

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
TTT! I know a few of you guys are running these. I have read up on them as much as I could find. Any input??...I'd hate to let another good deal slide.

69patriot76

Loc.
Centralia, WA
Hey Trailpsycho. There is a link to a ZF swap over to the left under "Bronco Tech" but it looks like this was a custom job. I didn't read all the way through it but it looks pretty thorough, maybe has info about the lift and what not.