• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ZF5 and BC Broncos Crossmember Install Question

COSCAG00

I have the Advanced Adapter to go from my ZF 5 to my Dana 20 and will be
using the BC Broncos cross member, what I need to know is what set of holes do I need to use to clock it for everything to clear. There are 3 holes I have to choose from.

Also I am running the JB Fan twin sticks will they be in the stock location with this set up? Would really like to keep the to more of the top of the tunnel instead of the sloped part.

JB Fab

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
This might be helpfull.....

Type 2-Clocking ring W/shoulder bolt and shifter mount
Advance Adapters kit # SY-50-9920 NV3550,
50-4303 ZF/M5R,

Advance Adapter kit allows for the re-clocking of the transfer case to three different positions. According to Advance Adapters the top position is the stock position, the feedback that we have gotten seems that most of them are being used in the stock position, due to drive-line angle. We have designed our NV3550/ZF twin-stick to fit the stock position. Having said that, the "J" type shifter (due to Ford's shift-rail interface flags) will not tolerate re-clocking as the shift-rails get too close to the shifter pivot (decreasing the range of motion). The "T" type uses a spherical rod-end linkage which is much more forgiving; by just tweaking the lower end of the shifter (to keep the linkage straight) it can be used in re-clocked applications. If a customer has a re-clocked "J" type, our recommendation is that the flags be cut off the shift-rails, holes be drilled in the shift-rails, and a "T" type shifter used.

Attachments

• EB20 TYPE2.jpg
    EB20 TYPE2.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 43