• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Revell build thread,post your status too

OP
OP
Skiddy

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
I got my case in the mail today, opened it up and dam, it has a crack in the side. %)
This sucks, now I have to box it back up and send it back. This is exactly why I hate buying shit on line.
damn that sucks:( I hate buying anything that may break online too

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Ok, so I want to put a license plate on mine but I don't live in Colorado, so I did a search and dam, other states are available. I am going to look at some local hobby shops and see if they have anything.

Attachments

• GOF11001Plates_wm[1].jpg
    GOF11001Plates_wm[1].jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 008a3120676921715c019eb82f02fc0f[1].jpg
    008a3120676921715c019eb82f02fc0f[1].jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 65

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
JW, Did you get the half cab body from the same place as the seats and other stuff, I didn't see them? That thing is going to look bad ass. :cool:

I found it on eBay from a seller in Oklahoma. If you can watch for Olson Brothers listings on eBay they make a half cab conversion that is direct fit for the Revell and would be much easier than the one I have in the pic, and it's cheaper.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
I'm going to experiment with taking a picture of my tag, reducing it, and printing it on photo paper. Just got to get some photo paper.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I did see that one but they have been out of stock for a while.

I've been communicating with Chris Olson via email. They are coming. He's also working on other things that will be available soon, 6 cylinder engine, fold down windshield, 66 mirror, 66 tailgate, plate bumpers, roll cages, etc.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm going to experiment with taking a picture of my tag, reducing it, and printing it on photo paper. Just got to get some photo paper.

I saw a kit in Hobby Lobby that is supposed to allow you to make your own labels that you cut and soak like the ones that come in the kit. Not sure how well it works. It's not cheap, can't remember exactly but $15+ if I remember. Decided to pass and do some searching for something that people show experience with that works. Haven't done that yet.

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
I've been communicating with Chris Olson via email. They are coming. He's also working on other things that will be available soon, 6 cylinder engine, fold down windshield, 66 mirror, 66 tailgate, plate bumpers, roll cages, etc.

That is pretty cool there coming out with all those different options, can't wait to see them. I am going to have to take a ride to Jeff's Bronco Graveyard and pick up another kit next week.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A little more progress on the trailer. Doing shocks and the rear license plate to match my completed blue bronco. Used some putty to cover the gas caps, spare mount, and the rear reflectors above the bumper. Cut down the full top and pieced it together to try and make a cover, it won't be perfect but hopefully will look good enough after finishing and painting. Hoping those side stripes won't be as bad to deal with this time since it's only the rear.

Attachments

• IMG_8014.jpg
    IMG_8014.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_8015.jpg
    IMG_8015.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8016.jpg
    IMG_8016.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8013.jpg
    IMG_8013.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_8017.jpg
    IMG_8017.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 66

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If you wondered how close gloss white is to Ford Wimbleton White....well here you go, not even in the same ballpark. Wasn't paying attention and grabbed the wrong paint for the trailer cover. Another redo.

Attachments

• IMG_8029.jpg
    IMG_8029.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 105

CopperRanger

Bronco Guru
Nice job, I might have to do one of those also. Are you going to add the ranger stripes?

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice job, I might have to do one of those also. Are you going to add the ranger stripes?

Yes, it's on the other side, needing it to setup for a day or so before handling while doing the drivers side. Still need to put on the rear bumper.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
If you wondered how close gloss white is to Ford Wimbleton White....well here you go, not even in the same ballpark. Wasn't paying attention and grabbed the wrong paint for the trailer cover. Another redo.

Wow, "not even in the same ballpark" looks very sharp!