• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ken Block's Wife's Bronco - Video

OP
OP
Cooter_76

Cooter_76

Synopsis:
A bunch of guys who know nothing about this Bronco (or any Bronco, really) laugh at each other while trying to do burnouts. Eventually they catch something on fire.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Nice Bronco for sure. They definitely don't know much about Bronco's.
I wish I had the money that they waste messing around like they do. I would have been finished with my build years ago!

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably $80-100,000 worth of Bronco (subsidized by his sponsors) and not a Halogen fire extinguisher in sight.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Synopsis:
A bunch of guys who know nothing about this Bronco (or any Bronco, really) laugh at each other while trying to do burnouts. Eventually they catch something on fire.

LOL, Yes for sure....

Tugross302

I just wasted 24 minutes of my life. I think burnouts are stupid. No reason to purposely put wear and tear on any car. Especially a bronco.

Local Boy

Loc.
Mililani, Hawaii
^^^^AGREED^^^ 100%...

A mini van can do brake stands (burn-outs), all day long...for goodness sake....

I want to see wheel stands!

BTW: I'll bet that the motor was running very lean...hence the initial lag and the tell tale "glowing" headers... If they don't figure that out..it will burn more parts from the inside out...! Yikes!!!

I thought these guys actually build these things??? maybe not..?

Aloha

Last edited:

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I saw the Bronco at Sema... I was not impressed with some of the build aspects. In other words the quality of the build did not reflect the quoted price...

Then to have a bunch of morons babble on about nothing... And torching someone else's car... What a waste.

OP
OP
Cooter_76

Cooter_76

I just wasted 24 minutes of my life. I think burnouts are stupid. No reason to purposely put wear and tear on any car. Especially a bronco.

That's on me. I should have watched the video before posting it here. I was excited to get the scoop, and assumed they were going to give some details.?:?

^^^^AGREED^^^ 100%...

I thought these guys actually build these things??? maybe not..?

Aloha

I thought so too, but after watching a few of their videos, I'm not sure exactly what they contribute.

Tugross302

No no cooter. I appreciate you posting. I just think brake stands are dumb. If you wanna do a burn out do it right. It just bothers me for some reason to see wasteful crap even if it doesn’t affect me at all.

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I skipped the talking to get to "it." Pretty much a fail. Cool EB though.

Probably $80-100,000 worth of Bronco (subsidized by his sponsors) and not a Halogen fire extinguisher in sight.

I was thinking the exact same thing about the extinguisher... :eek:

I like watching their videos. Makes me laugh. His tracked Raptor video is very cool IMO.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I saw the Bronco at Sema... I was not impressed with some of the build aspects. In other words the quality of the build did not reflect the quoted price...

Then to have a bunch of morons babble on about nothing... And torching someone else's car... What a waste.

Curious, what were some of the quality issues so I don't make the same mistake.

STalon89

Curious, what were some of the quality issues so I don't make the same mistake.

From the sounds of it.. Theyre using the wrong steering box, so driving it at highway speeds is scary. I doubt they have the right gearing to match that 6r80. Didnt tune it or dyno. Seems like they just slammed it all together and made it run/drive.

yakelys69

I see a couple things I don’t like on the front steering, and could you imagine if the brakes went out in the height of it all on that short strip? Send that thing to nix or bc before putting it on the road. Also are you kidding me hammering it without a tune?

I can pay xx,xxx for a truck but can’t tune it becouse I can’t buy a 500 p/c or run VMware on my Mac

I’m probably over critical & overall it’s a beautiful truck just needs some tlc, I don’t think funds were an issue

Last edited:

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
This thread answers the question to another recent thread.
"Can you do a Coyote install for 5k?".
Answer is yes, have your sponsors pay for it!

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
I thought Ken's crew was smarter than that%),Bronco looks nice on the out side. But who knows how well it engineered on the underside.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
From the sounds of it.. Theyre using the wrong steering box, so driving it at highway speeds is scary. I doubt they have the right gearing to match that 6r80. Didnt tune it or dyno. Seems like they just slammed it all together and made it run/drive.

Here is how they made the Alt fit with the Coyote...

Pretty good chunk of frame they cut out for no apparent reason

Attachments

• IMG_20171101_085617982.jpg
    IMG_20171101_085617982.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 150