• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Third times a charm v3.0

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
It just clears at full stuff with the wheels straight. When I turn right that is when the tire hits the strut. I can move the upper mount in a little, but that would give me more than the desired 10*. I'm not sure what is more important, the strut being out that far or the 10* angle ORI recommends.

Moving in 1" wouldn't make that much of a change, try moving forward a little too (if you can) it will help the rubbing when turning right, its the movement of the castor angle causing it to rub. sometimes if the angles are close, it comes down to packaging.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Moving in 1" wouldn't make that much of a change, try moving forward a little too (if you can) it will help the rubbing when turning right, its the movement of the castor angle causing it to rub. sometimes if the angles are close, it comes down to packaging.

I'm going to get out there and see what I can come up with. Thanks Steve

mdside

Loc.
PNW
Keep the build progress coming!

Anyone able to point me in a direction where I can learn more about air shocks? That would be great!

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Keep the build progress coming!

Anyone able to point me in a direction where I can learn more about air shocks? That would be great!

I don't know much about air shocks. I'm sure you could ask the question it Tech and you would get plenty of info. Not many people frequent build threads so you would be better off asking in a new thread. Good luck

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
20* isn't terrible and I'm assuming that is at full bump? What is it at ride height? I bet it's closer to 15* which is perfectly acceptable.

walls

That Seat looks perfect back there!

Good find!

Yes it does, if you dont mind could you measure the base. I think i am going to have to widen my wheel wells a few inches the way i am mounting my coil overs, so i am looking for a seat that will work. The other option is cutting down the factory seat and having it redone.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Yes it does, if you dont mind could you measure the base. I think i am going to have to widen my wheel wells a few inches the way i am mounting my coil overs, so i am looking for a seat that will work. The other option is cutting down the factory seat and having it redone.

I'll get some measurements for you. I know widening the full wheel well would not have worked with this seat. I placed the strut tower in that spot so I could use the "notch" in the seat for the clearance I needed. Only the area around the tower will be widened.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Even mine said that, and we don't have kids....LOL That's why my cage isn't flush with the top of the windshield.

My list of must haves were a full cage, back seat and a nice "cushy" ride. So far, so good.

OP
OP
JSmall

JSmall

Bronco Guru
RuffStuff brackets for the axle side strut mounts have solved my issue for now. They look great!