• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1976 ranger carpet colors

William Foster

I have an original 1976 ranger. I am in the process upgrading it some and want to replace its original carpet with the same color. It is a light green. Does anyone know what Ford called it? I think it is light jade green. Can any one help me with what colors of carpet were available. Currently my interior is all original and I want to keep it that way

Jaxgtc

ACC and most carpet vendors will send you free samples so you can be sure.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Get in touch with Melissa at Bronco Hut. She has ACC samples and knows the original Bronco colors. Her prices are better than ordering direct from ACC.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey William. Welcome to classicbroncos.com!

That's great to have an original (even a mostly original) Ranger. And '76 was a great year for them as well.
I'd bet your carpet is very faded right now as well. Most of them faded quickly, but I wonder if you looked under the driver's seat if you'd find more of the original color? Might be worth a shot.

Can you post up a pic of your rig? We like pics. Especially of nice originals.
I'm not sure if your Light Jade Green is the same color I like so much on the '77's, but if it is that's one great color.
Good luck with the carpet. Even if you find the original name and code, you won't find one listed in the aftermarket under that exact name. ACC usually does not list them by the original factory names, because one color might have had 10 names and part numbers over the years. And that's with Ford alone!
I don't know though. Maybe they've got the numbers available but don't list them. Or maybe a company like Dennis Carpenter has that info. But Bronco Hut would be my first call as well.

Also, if you're planning to keep this and want to know more about it, order up a Marti Report for your truck. You get in touch with Marti Auto (martiauto.com probably) and order away. They have reproduction decals too in some cases, and should be able to reproduce that stuff too if yours needs it.
But the full report is very cool. Not cheap for the deluxe one, but if this EB is your pride and joy, it's likely worth it.

Good luck.
And definitely post up some pics at least after you find the carpet. And let us know the results of the search and the name and all that.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome to site William.. Good to have ya on board