• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

351 EFI Truck Intake (stock) -w/ pics

KST1

There have been a few 351 EFI truck intake questions over the past few days. Rather than respond to each I'll just post here.

I promised a few pics of my stock set up, here they are. Sorry for the poor quality. 5:00a.m., raining outside, poor lighting. Hope they help someone.

I'm running a '87 5.8L (speed density) all stock (except air cleaner and hoses). 3 inch frame extension body lift and a scoop on a stock hood.

-D

1st- driver side with hood down

Attachments

• intake 2a.jpg
    intake 2a.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 199
OP
OP
K

KST1

Engine bay

Attachments

• intake 3a.jpg
    intake 3a.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 229
OP
OP
K

KST1

side- across fenders

Throttle body sticking up.

Attachments

• intake 4a.jpg
    intake 4a.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 197
OP
OP
K

KST1

Throttle body, hood down

sorry for the bad pic.

Attachments

• intake 6a.jpg
    intake 6a.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 198

matt80

So witha 3inch body lift and hood scoop it does work. Where did you get the hood scoop from? That looks about like the one I was looking at from duffs. Thanks for the pics!

Matt
77 Bronco Sport

OP
OP
K

KST1

I ordered the scoop from a mustang magazine. Not sure on the specifics?:? . It's fiberglass. One of the mustang guys may recognize the model.

-D

U

Unregistered

Would a 2 inch body lift and hood with scoop work? Did you custom make the air filter and hoses? Details!

mlogan24

Bronco Guru
OK-here's my biggest hood fitment problem on that intake, and I notice its missing from your pics;D

What did you do with that tricky EGR valve?

OP
OP
K

KST1

Sorry for the late reply.

The air filter is a cylindrical K&N made for a BB Cheby. I made a custom adapter for it that takes it to the double tubes.

The tubes are stainless 3" flexible exhaust tubing that I picked up from J.C. Whitney.

Oh, and all that EGR stuff got blocked off with little plates and tossed with the smog pump. ;)

Like I said in another post, I've still got issues with gas mileage(<9). But I think that it's because I'm running the original 3.50 gears with my 35" tires. I'm saving for a gear swap.

-D

maverickconner

KST, the poor gas miles are prob. due to the egr thing. did you get the plug that goes to the comp. that lets it read that the engine is running OK. If not, the egr vavle will be messing with your mix and letting your O2 sensor think that it is malfunctioning.

OP
OP
K

KST1

Yeah, I've been looking into that over at fordfuelinjection.com. I've ordered the resistor plugs and need to get them installed. From what I've read, I thought I could get by without them, but maybe not. For what they cost, I'm putting them in. We'll see.

Thanks for the input.

-D