• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

66 U13 Roadster - New 2 Me

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Props on the skinnies :) I didn't have any issues with the balancing on the power kings. 50-55mph is no issue on mine.

mburlew

Loc.
Springfield
Skinny Tires

I agree that for the stock look skinny tires are the way to go. Also I have had good luck with Power Kings.
21dh93b.jpg

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I agree that for the stock look skinny tires are the way to go. Also I have had good luck with Power Kings.
21dh93b.jpg

Black u13! Original color? I'm not too far from Springfield, MO............I may have to invite myself over for dinner someday lol.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Perfect for cruising out to the Lynx Lake Cafe for German food!

Todd Z.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Good news! The PO was able to provide me with the original warranty tag from the driver's kick panel! I'm pretty excited about that! I've been scrounging parts and getting the engine bay all tidied up and ready to hit the streets. Replaced the water pump, thermostat, alternator, belt, hoses, voltage regulator, starter solenoid, plugs, points, distributor cap, plug wires, etc. About to install a new heater/defroster unit and then she'll be ready to fire back up so I can drive it around town. I'll be tackling the drivetrain next -- goal is to get it ready to drive to Colorado in May!

I found these defroster ducts -- need a little repair, but in pretty decent shape. I would like to find a way to make a mold and reproduce them in plastic??

I also found this original trailer hitch which I'll have re-chromed when I send my bumpers off.

Lot's of little projects underway and my messy workspace is out-of-control! lol

Attachments

• Defrost ducts.jpg
    Defrost ducts.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 55
  • table in mess.jpg
    table in mess.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 65
  • tailgate in mess.jpg
    tailgate in mess.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 65
  • trailer hitch.jpg
    trailer hitch.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 69
  • warranty tag.jpg
    warranty tag.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 71

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
amazing work thus far....thanks for sharing progress!

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
OK -- Need some help decoding this plate. I've got most of the numbers identified except the second set from the left. It "looks" like 2 characters, maybe the second one being an L.

Any help?? Thanks!

Attachments

• warranty tag with markings.jpg
    warranty tag with markings.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 62

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
092 is wheelbase in inches. The next number or letter is the color code.

U130 means it is the standard gvwr roadster.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Could it be an 'H'? Listed as Sahara Beige color code on Broncohio.

Or maybe 'J' Rangoon Red. LOL.

Yes, it could definitely be an H. But I might have Marti make me a new one with an J! Lol

I think the 62 means DSO Houston? Which nums tell me gear ratio? And wasn't something supposed to tell me if it came with the bulkhead or not?

gunnibronco

Loc.
Gardnerville, NV
Yes, it could definitely be an H. But I might have Marti make me a new one with an J! Lol

I think the 62 means DSO Houston? Which nums tell me gear ratio? And wasn't something supposed to tell me if it came with the bulkhead or not?

A3 is your rear axle code 4.11 limited slip. Same as mine, if I remember.
196, I believe is for a bench seat interior. Mine is 798, which told me my bench seat isn't original. I dont know if the code indicates a bulkhead. I don't know if you could get buckets with a bulkhead, or what that interior code would be.

Scott C.

Loc.
Waynetown IN
196 is, 1 for bench seat and 96 is for roadster. 97 would be for a half cab and 98 is for a wagon. Bulkheads were standard equipment in 66. They were omitted with the rear seat option as well as the spare tire mounted on the tail gate.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
196 is, 1 for bench seat and 96 is for roadster. 97 would be for a half cab and 98 is for a wagon. Bulkheads were standard equipment in 66. They were omitted with the rear seat option as well as the spare tire mounted on the tail gate.

This is one of the confusing things on mine. Bench seat, bulkhead, no rear seat - but spare mound on tailgate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk