• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

75 sport antenna problems

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I have the wild horses #6502 antenna, which I ordered for a 1975 EB, but it doesn't look like it fits at all.

It would be perfect on my 71, except on the 75 sport, the OEM antenna hole is much closer to the windshield frame and also closer to the top of the fender, which gives it the wrong angle if installed, making the body of the antenna cross the windshield and the housing interfere with the frame.

Can anybody suggest a source for the correct antenna for a 75 sport?

THX,
JB

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
The antennas were all the same from the factory. If it won't work on your '75, someone put the hole in a non stock location. Possibly in a replacement fender or on an EB that came from the factory without a radio.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Exactly. No difference from the factory.
My '71 even had an obviously non-OEM hole, and it was on the passenger side!
Post up some pics and measurements if you can.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
The antennas were all the same from the factory. If it won't work on your '75, someone put the hole in a non stock location. Possibly in a replacement fender or on an EB that came from the factory without a radio.

And sux they did that for sure