• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone ever used the Duplicolor Body Armour?

socofn

Loc.
Pueblo
Did the tub and coated the bottom of the new floor pans. Takes some good prep work and can be messy as He++. I used almost a gallon and a half and did 3 coats putting the first on fairly thin and then really slathered the second two on. It does not take long to dry between and it sticks better if you let it dry to a just past tacky. I would also say if you go this way do not do anything (step on or work on) the newly coated surface for several days and if possible put it in the sun to cure good. There are other systems out there and if you can afford it a better way might be LineX or Rhino liner. Hope this helps. JP

thomasmatthew

Loc.
richmond
I used the duplicolor stuff and was not impressed , First off the first two cans were partially cured in the cans, had to take them back, probly cuz nobody buys the stuff and it sits on the shelf forever. Secondly I used 5 gallons to coat the top and bottom of my new fiberglass tub and the inside of the tailgate (steel) and the stuff is not that durable Its been on there since march so dry time is not an issue ,if you drag anything heavy across it it scatches pretty easy,ie drivers seat track before it was bolted in, Herculiner is better linex is the best but its pricey ...my2cents