• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone used a TwEECer or mass buy?

TonyPDX

Contributor
So has anyone used the TwEECer?
I think I need a custom chip or tuner for my new engine to keep it safe under full boost. Has anyone used the TwEECer? I have seen some great reviews on it and it allows for amazing control over the engine and some control over the transmission as well. Check out this link:

http://www.tweecer.com/products.htm

Would anyone be interested if I tried to do a mass buy? (A few people have already expressed interest.)

Thanks, Tony

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
I have used a PMS from Rick Anderson. It is fully adjustable. I think you need to be a big computer person to figure it all out. I never used the tweeker. I did read an articale in muscle mustangs and fast fords about it years ago. If you are interested in a MB for them you may want to subscribe to carral.net. It is a huge mustang site. Their are many people tuning in that site with Tweekers, DFI's, PMS gen 1 and 2's. Alot of info there for those EFI guys like yourself. ;D Good luck

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Tony-

From what I know of the tweecer, the manufacturer will set it up with a rough program to get you in the ballpark, then the rest is up to you- obviously. I'm interested, as I indicated before. I have no idea how they would respond to a mass buy, but I don't see how having to provide each chip with a rough program would be a barrier.

I have a custom chip right now, that I got via mail order. Ryan M. advised me against it, and recommended the tweecer instead. His point was that if I didn't like the programming of a custom chip, then I'd have to send it back to the vendor to get reprogrammed, at 50 bucks a pop. I ignored him. Turns out he was exactly right. I'm not happy with the current tune. On top of that getting to my ECU is a PITA, which makes me want to pull it even less.

The other player that I know of in the programmable chip business is the eec-tuner (http://www.eec-tuner.com/). I was on their email list for awhile a couple of years ago. It's bewildering and overwhelming at first- clearly the learning curve is steep with these things (I assume the tweecer is the same). But it was also obvious that guys with extremely modified engines were getting them to run exactly as they wanted, without even having to open the hood. Very cool.

Newt

The beauty of the aftermarket devices is you can retune for a later modification. Really, you need a chassis dyno. The best bet is find someone in your area with a dyno who is familiar with one of the devices. Buy that one & have him tune it on the dyno. If he's any good, he'll pull HP out that you never knew you had.

swmhuskie

Loc.
Des Moines, Ia
I am planning to one. I have not contacting them yet. I also talked to ryan an told him my plans,he was also able to give me help on a MAF sensor that woould work well with t nd my set up. So if youcan get a deal i would be in on that. Thanks kyle

Ryan

Loc.
Lansing, MI
Newt said:
Really, you need a chassis dyno. The best bet is find someone in your area with a dyno who is familiar with one of the devices. Buy that one & have him tune it on the dyno. If he's any good, he'll pull HP out that you never knew you had.
Incorrect! You don't need a dyno
The basics are very easy to do.

If you need to share time off the 1/4 mile then you need a dyno, datalogging, and a wide band O2 sensor.

I use the tweecer.

I once had a shop dyno tune, it wasn't perfect. Not their fault. Problem is the best technology for us is 1989-93. All the good tuners are working on their current technology skills. So they don't know the latest and best tricks for the older technology.

ONLY USE FORD AND PRO-M MAF SENSORS

RKM

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Huntingtown, MD
Ryan said:
ONLY USE FORD AND PRO-M MAF SENSORS

That is all I ever used as well as Granatelli (sp) they are made by Pro-M. I have seen many mustangs run like crap because of a bad MASF. The worst one in My opinion is C&L.