• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Are all D44 Inner C's Created Equal?

Mean 69

I have done countless searches, and can't find the answer to this - but I would guess someone knows. I know that there are a multitude of spindle configurations for the various D44 applications (Ford, Jeep, etc), but what I cannot find is if the Inner C's vary as well, or if they are standard? My suspicion is that these are variable as well but I can't find a good reference to clarify this.

My intention is to build a new housing for my 'linked EB project, I don't need anything super strong so D44 seems to fit my needs fine (33" tires, dual purpose street and moderate off road). Intent is to purchase a new center lump with tubes fitted/welded, 2" wider than a stock housing. I'll install all of the link brackets, then straighten, then fit and weld the Inner C's. I found a set of Inner's on E-Bay from Ford application - hoping these will work so I can save my existing housing to sell whole.

Input appreciated!
Mark

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Pretty sure there are differences. The one that sticks out in my mind is Dodge. When trying to run Dodge knuckles on Ford axle (different way to attempt disk brakes and keep the bolt pattern) the camber is wacky. This leads me to believe that there is different SAI designed into Dodge Cs then Ford Cs.
Don't forget the Cs that have the radius arm wedges cast into them.