• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best new Sheetmetal?

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know that their are a couple manufacturers out there making new sheet metal. Fenders, hoods etc? Is there a consensus as to who makes the best quality? I see Dynacorn, Dennis carpenter, others?

tailpipe

Contributor
I have had the best luck with Dennis Carpenter sheet metal. That stuff seems to have the best fitment and quality. Last month I replaced both floor boards, transmission tunnel, both kick panels, and the driver door post on my 66 using all DC steel and couldn't be happier. While I was at it I also replaced the driver rocker using a Dynacorn panel and was not to pleased with both fitment and the thickness of the panel. So in the end, and in my experience recently, Dennis Carpenter is better. You may notice that DC panels cost a little more, but as my old man said; "you get what you pay for". Lastly, and I don't know the validity of this, but I heard that Dennis Carpenter got his hands on some of the original tooling. Maybe that's why his fit better...IDK

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Don't be too impressed if the company says it was made on original tooling.
The trouble is that it is original tooling..... after 12 years of wear from making nearly a quarter million Broncos.

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I second the comments about Dennis Carpenter being my favored panel supplier. Heavier gauge and excellent fitment. I tried to save money and bought some from CJ pony parts during a sale and was disappointed and returned them.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Dennis carpenter doesn't seem to offer much though. They dont carry assembled fenders, and many other pieces. Anyone have any idea why?

Cortez

Bronco Guru
I thought they were selling complete steel bodies, they should have just about everything. Maybe give them a call if you don’t see something on their website. Their site is not easy to navigate and find items that’s for sure.

Skytrooper15

Loc.
Tuscaloosa,Al
If you want to see what all Dennis Carpenter has just download his online catalog.Not only do you see the parts and the way some go together but it is also a great reference manual.I like his sheet metal also because it fits.