• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Best place to find old cars online

jdbronco

Loc.
Panama City Beach
This is somewhat Bronco related since it applies to them as well but I am now on the hunt for a '65-'66 F-100.
Back when I bought my Bronco there were magical search engines that would automatically search craigslist in multiple locations. They shut those down several years back and I need to find a new source to search. I can manually search through craigslist but was wondering if anyone had a good source to search for cars for sale?
Autotrader and the like seem to only have show quality ones and not the fixer uppers I am looking for.

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
Might try the Ford Truck enthusiast website in the '61-'66 forum. There is a for sale sub-forum that may have something your looking for.
Mark.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Back when I bought my Bronco there were magical search engines that would automatically search craigslist in multiple locations. They shut those down several years back

Nothing that can be that simple to code will ever be "shut down" forever on the internet.

SearchTempest and OneCraigs and AutoTempest are still cranking along.

1971lubr

Loc.
Cape Coral, FL
I literally just saw a 66 for sale around me on facebook a few days ago. $3k and in surprisingly decent shape from the pics. I'll be damned if I can find that ad again....If I do, I'll post it for ya.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I literally just saw a 66 for sale around me on facebook a few days ago. $3k and in surprisingly decent shape from the pics. I'll be damned if I can find that ad again....If I do, I'll post it for ya.

lots of those on facebook anymore.. Whatever works to sell right

OP
OP
J

jdbronco

Loc.
Panama City Beach
Thanks but PA would be a long way to go from FL to get one!

Thanks guys. Hadn't heard of search tempest but it's similar to the old Jaxed that I used to use. Sure made it easy to browse regionally instead of locally.
Now the trick is finding a fair deal, seems like they aren't as expensive as Broncos but you have the same dynamic of rust bucket for cheap or good body for crazy money...

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Now the trick is finding a fair deal, seems like they aren't as expensive as Broncos but you have the same dynamic of rust bucket for cheap or good body for crazy money...

And you're now searching against a larger pool of prospective buyers.
Deals (honest ones) generally don't last a week from what I've seen.
I've missed out on a few because I can't get out to see them and most sellers are 'first cash wins'.

Best of luck in your search, but I'll murder you in your sleep if you snipe one I'm after. ;)

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Jax, you just took searching to a new level!

I turn over every stone. Every post. Every group. Every contact shared. Every 'guy got some in the woods' within 90 minute drive.

Chasing. Hunting. Questioning. Negotiating if we get there.

So many scammers, hey zues, the scammers. The pricing and personal values. The complete vehicles with only a handful of repairable body panels. The "everything works except..." exclusions that are four digit fixes that sellers think drops the value by $50.

Mine is out there. I will find it or it will find me as my last ones seemed to do.

My only frustration so far has been that I may have to increase my budget to simply compete for ones that are only a 'fair deal'. Just makes the graveyard I went to hurt that much more as time goes on. And Teal, I can find you easier than most; sleep with one eye open. ;)

Specracer

I found our u13 on autotraderclassics.com
Our luber came from Craigslist. Was local, but I have used search tempest also for other things.

OP
OP
J

jdbronco

Loc.
Panama City Beach
Wow Jax, I guess I'll stop looking on the east coast! Saw one in Daytona but turned out to be a long bed.
I've definitely learned over the years that good deals don't last long on CL. I make a habit of checking daily if I am looking for something specific.

Tyler, I'm looking for a shortbed 2wd, solid body but don't care about mechanical shape. I can swap parts, but don't want to get in over my head with bodywork... If that one we saw at cars an coffee the one day hadn't had the motor in it I would've bought it. I've got access to a trailer so I don't mind driving a bit for one but obviously local is much easier logistically.

The more I work with Broncos the more I figure out all the other 60's Fords share the same nuances and technology so it's time to expand my collection!

74fiberglass

Check wilkes barre /scranton c- list in PA
There is a 65 on there right now. F100 6 ft box

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Wow Jax, I guess I'll stop looking on the east coast!

All in good fun.
I know they'll move and I know people here (Teal68) and I were going after the same ones on a few occasions. He's won a few battles, but it only takes 1 to go my way for me to be satisfied.

Circumstances just haven't aligned. I won't give up though.

I've found/been promised an unused garage for extra storage now, so some of my previous needs have changed to allow for a different level of project to consider.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Jon,
If anything comes up I'll let you know. Montgomery area has been good to me over the years and it's not too far away so check CL often there.

Matt,
I never intended to snag anything from you. After the fact, I found out you had interest in the half cab, and I even offered to sell it to you for what I had in it at the time. Apologies if I snagged anything else. I tend to like to pick up ones that need a good bit of work for a fair price and get them going for others to enjoy. I say that...but the exception is the half cab...I'm doing that one very nice! If we are ever considering the same one don't be afraid to say something. I look forward the day you get another one.

Tyler

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
If we are ever considering the same one don't be afraid to say something. I look forward the day you get another one.

If it was meant to be, it will. Don't ever feel bad for me. I sold two years ago that even my wife (now) admits I shouldn't have.

I don't begrudge anyone anything especially people here. If it's a good deal, good on you for getting off your hands and grabbing it.

I'll survive. My wife just gave me (3) new woodworking projects for birthday presents and friend requests [it's easy to batch cut]. So I'll be busy for another month or so getting those done. Especially when I get around to finding 18 straight, clean 2x4s. That search might be more futile than my Bronco one has been so far.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Here is a forum that specializes in those trucks:

Slick60's

They do have for sale ads, both by members and for ads found on other sites.