• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Build Thread - $100 Half Cab Soft Top

OP
OP
drock

drock

Custom Tonneau Cover

Thanks guys. I'll probably go with a custom bulkhead in the future so I can keep the extra leg room. For now a modified tonneau cover will do.

Attachments

• Custom Tonneau Cover 003.jpg
    Custom Tonneau Cover 003.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 199

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Thanks guys. I'll probably go with a custom bulkhead in the future so I can keep the extra leg room. For now a modified tonneau cover will do.

Wow wow wow... I really like that! Do you have a far pic of it all? Want to see how it look in whole :D

OP
OP
drock

drock

A few more pics...

Some outside pictures.

Attachments

• Soft Top 008.jpg
    Soft Top 008.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Soft Top 009.jpg
    Soft Top 009.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 312
  • Soft Top 005.jpg
    Soft Top 005.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 306
  • Soft Top 015.jpg
    Soft Top 015.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 279

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Looks awesome. I'm surprised you came that close to your original budget. ;D

ECEB

Which tonneau cover did you use as the base?

OP
OP
drock

drock

I just bought a cheap used one off a local Craigslist ad and cut the frame down to fit. I had my wife modify the actual cover with her sewing machine to fit. I'm sure a shop could do a much better job.

socalrick

Loc.
Tionesta
Hey Drock...im curious about the over the door frames you made. They look better than the standard soft top door frames. Did they hold up pretty good...any thing you would change on them? What went into those specifically?

OP
OP
drock

drock

Hey Drock...im curious about the over the door frames you made. They look better than the standard soft top door frames. Did they hold up pretty good...any thing you would change on them? What went into those specifically?

The frames are just square aluminum tube with an L channel for a rain gutter. Everything holds up well. Fairly rain tight but not perfect. They are custom fitted to my doors so if you were to build something similar you shouldn't have a problem. I'm sure welded mild steel tube would be much heavier duty.

OP
OP
drock

drock

Not that I know of. I did finally bite the bullet and pick up a BC Broncos Soft Top since my daughter is getting old enough to ride in the backseat on short trips. I was thinking about picking up some metal and material and making another half cab soft top of on their frame.

RPM289

There was a guy at a Car show I was at that had a "cold weld" set up for Aluminum used a rod and a propane torch, I had fun playing with it but I bet you could weld the square tubes together with it to make door frames etc. out of.