• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech wiper issue

rtj731

I installed the centech harness, several years ago, no problems until recently my wiper motor wont park unless I shut off the engine. I researched this and understand that the earlier mod (instructed by centech instructions) was not to be done. I did the mod can't remember how just followed the instruction this was back in 2001. Now I can't turn the darn things off, ANY Suggestions?
Please help this is the thorn in my side type problem. Today I took off the hard top and replaced the wiper motor bracket with a drop down bracket. So now I have full access to the wiring and motor, time to investigate, please any suggestions. I will post my findings for those to follow.

Thanks
J

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Do they actually park when you shut the engine off or do they just stop where they are until you turn the key back on? After the switch is turned off and key off do they start moving again when the key is on?

I'm not familiar with the mod you did but I assume the wiring is basically the same as stock. If they don't stop ever with the ignition switch on then the park switch in the motor is always closed (bad). If they park after you turn the key off then either the wiper switch is bad or you have some unique wiring.

Last edited: