• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wiper Motor Park Centech

Rocko1012

Have new Centech Harness and switch. Wiper motor works on high and low. But does not park. Anyone have issure and guidance for fix? have drop bracket on wiper motor.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stock wiper motor? New paint on the frame by any chance?
I don't think it's necessarily a main grounding issue, but just as a quick check you can ground the motor mount directly to the battery to see if that changes the way anything works.

Normally if it's a bad grounding scheme then few things work at all, including the high and low functions. Or at least very erratically.
But still worth a check.

It's possible that it's the new switch. Do you have a good old spare perhaps? I think the Centech included switch is slightly different from stock, but stock can be made to work too if I remember.

And last, have you checked for power on all the wires that are supposed to have it?
What about having all the wires connected? Sounds like you do, but sometimes they all have to be connected for other things to work.
The wiper wiring is one of those things that is not that strange once you really understand what is what (which I still don't!), but that can still confuzzle people almost every time during a new install!

Good luck.

Paul