• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

F8 LUBR Build Thread

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Took the Christmas tree to the dump, no not in the middle of the desert:

HgCpBuh.jpg

YRd5dps.jpg

Picked up a buddy who hasn't ridden in it since it was white/yellow. We put about 45 miles on and got comments everywhere we went. After we got back my buddy was bummed saying he thought the ladies would be the ones wanting to see it but all we came across were guys haha!

ZOjdjo8.jpg

ZRYtFyI.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Drove the Bronco back out to fab shop for some minor fixes last Friday. Gas and coolant gauges stopped working and had a small power steering leak from one of the new lines:

DKyqim5.jpg

Always something cool at this shop. He was working on this clean '57 Sedan Delivery that he installed a 23 gallon gas tank and AC:

bFVABZ0.jpg

82QKOlP.jpg

The AZ Bronco Stampede is in late March and I am planning on attending. The Bronco sits nicely over the trailer axles:

GjhhgMv.jpg

Made a test run last weekend and it went well at 70mph behind the Raptor:

2R5wGrj.jpg

09v9O9a.jpg

JtICD05.jpg

Got the Duff Tuff Heim steering on with the new tapered knuckle studs so we didn't have to drill. Not enough clearance from the Hellwig bracket so I kept the tie rod under the knuckle:

JDvKCwB.jpg

I did add more grade 8 washers top and bottom so I could get the cotter in the castle nut:

oBtOzw2.jpg

We checked toe in, centers the pitman arm and got it all buttoned up. Its amazing how much tighter the steering is. I actually drove it down the road without touching the wheel for 30 seconds:

27CPDsb.jpg

Last edited:

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Someday...... I hope. At least my hood came in. Thanks to your inspiration Corey built one just like it.

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Sunday our local club (Classic Broncos of Tucson) got together for the annual Fords on Fourth Car Show. Despite being rained on for nearly the entire show, we had 11 Broncos there. 3 of our Broncos won awards too, one of which got the Top 4 award out of 300+ cars. Got poured on the whole way home so the wipers got a good workout! Monday morning I checked the paint and it was nearly spotless. That Optimum Gloss Coat is amazing for paint protection and ease of keeping it clean!

gIKbz8T.jpg

mA3RSNb.jpg

7jH9Xxw.jpg

vi3l46P.jpg

Last edited:

RODRIG3911

Contributor
Loc.
Tucson
Just saw this build thread Jeff. Amazing job man! Makes me wish I was more meticulous with mine lol. I love that job you, your dad and the guys you found to help did. She's beautiful my friend!!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Always great pics from the great state of Arizona!
What size wheels and tires did you end up using again? And what backspacing on the wheels too, if you remember? Thanks

Paul

OP
OP
JefeAZ

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Just saw this build thread Jeff. Amazing job man! Makes me wish I was more meticulous with mine lol. I love that job you, your dad and the guys you found to help did. She's beautiful my friend!!
Thanks Joel! I need to put some more miles on it!
Always great pics from the great state of Arizona!
What size wheels and tires did you end up using again? And what backspacing on the wheels too, if you remember? Thanks
Thanks Paul! 265/70s on 16x8 Black Rock Yumas with 4.5 BS. 3.5" suspension lift with 1 leaf removed, axle moved back 1" and the fender lips rolled

How about these pics from our last club cruise Saguaro National Park Cruise Pics

dnI8S8T.jpg

eavOIXo.jpg

lIMJM6T.jpg

SQAFpdN.jpg

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru

I don't know, that is still a pretty nice Bronco. Actually if you went too far with it you probably would be scared to do the trails you did last weekend. Or on second thought, that might have saved that tire you blew out!