• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fabricators - What tube bender die size is this?

Sheehanigans

Loc.
Canton GA
I bought a hydraulic-converted tube bender that came with a few die sets. The guy said they were 1-1/4", 1-5/8", and 1-3/4".

The two smaller dies measure at the widest point just about the nameplate size - 1.23", 1.63" respectively. The big one measures a solid 2".

1.75 or 2.0 doesn't matter for what I'm building, but check my math before I buy a bunch of tube in the wrong size. Is this a 2" die?

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Yes that’s a 2” die.

Where are you located? Those are the same dies that my bender uses. I’d be willing to lone you a 1-3/4” if geography works, unfortunately it usually is not in our favor lol

OP
OP
Sheehanigans

Sheehanigans

Loc.
Canton GA
That is generous! It's a woodward fab bender with the swag hydro kit, and he says the dies are by pro-tools. It was a good enough deal and he bent up a piece of 1-5/8 to prove it works so I didn't look too hard at the box of parts. As it is, I'll probably just do the roll bar in 2" now that I know.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
And I was just passing through Atlanta yesterday….. good to be home for a while lol.

And you’re very welcome! That’s the great thing about this community, we all help each other. Now if we were just closer together….😂