• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Final color choice and I'm stuck between 2!

SP66

Bronco Guru
I think I have decided to go with the grey, although now there is a second grey I have been looking at. Just need to get this thing painted so I can stop looking at 1,000,000 different colors!

1st color: Land Rover Orkney grey
2nd color: BMW Space Grey

Maybe use a Ford color---from the current Mustang

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Marines have landed and the situation is well in hand ... I have the solution to your dilemma.

I'll be in Vegas immediately and remove the subject of your deliberation from your possession at a fire sale price. :cool:

I'll throw in that I like the copper that is on it currently or something similiar to it . Obviously , freshen it up and that would look sweet ... classy AND different.

I always lean to the darker colors , and lipstick red is definitely NOT me at all ... so my vote would be the darker of the greys you like. My favorite thus far being the from the "...and one more" post.

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
I have always liked the gray on broncos it looks really good. Space gray is nice on the bmw but for some reason that was a color was whatever when I used to work at a bmw dealer imo, personally I think the range rover gray is a better looking color. My dad just got in a brand new 2012 mercedes cl amg at the shop and it is gray it looks amazing hence the pictures below. It is a metallic medium shade gray really pops out nice. If you want like a red or orange shade of paint I would look at the new bmw 1M, it is called valencia orange, looks pretty nice especially when you see it in person. Here is a link to it. There are a lot more pics of it online try to find some with black rims look really god with that color combo. Hope this helps.
42574151-480f-1e48.jpg
42574151-4811-a1c7.jpg
42574151-484b-269a.jpg

http://bimmers.tumblr.com/post/12910612165/valencia-orange-bmw-1m-on-kw-v3-coilovers-p43s

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336756120484.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336756120484.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 19

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Put in a bad pic here is the good one

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336756797220.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336756797220.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 27

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
I really like that Valencia Orange.

Ya the valencia orange is really nice and when you see it in person you will fall in love with it. I have only seen that color once as that color is very rare hence only come on the 1M and there are only like 2000 in the US of those cars made.

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
BMW Valencia Orange...

Attachments

• 2011-bmw-1-series-m-coupe-3.jpg
    2011-bmw-1-series-m-coupe-3.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Side-view-2012-Cars-BMW-1M-Coupe-Concept-460x284.jpg
    Side-view-2012-Cars-BMW-1M-Coupe-Concept-460x284.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Still checking it out. It really changes at different angles and lights. I went to see it in person but the dealership by me did not have one.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
GM has/had sunburst orange mettalic and sunset orange mettalic , both similar to the Beemer orange.

One of the members here (70EB) has the sunset on his bronco and it is very sweet. My uncle has one of them on an old Chevy2 / Nova , I was hooked on that color for the longest time after the first time I saw his car.

70EB says the "sunburst" is more orange than his "sunset" color.

see below

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=205802&d=1303169312

Last edited:
OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
The sunburst orange is very close to the BMW orange from what I can tell. In pictures, it looks like the BMW orange is slightly more orange but very close.

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Comparison pictures:

Attachments

• DSC03163.jpg
    DSC03163.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Valencia-Orange-BMW-1M-coupe-in-London-600x450.jpg
    Valencia-Orange-BMW-1M-coupe-in-London-600x450.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Side-view-2012-Cars-BMW-1M-Coupe-Concept-460x284.jpg
    Side-view-2012-Cars-BMW-1M-Coupe-Concept-460x284.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 32

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Man , I'm telling ya , after seeing that Jeep (above) and recalling how seeing my Uncles Chevy 2 made me feel ... and I can't stress this enough , I dropped every other color I had in mind ... for quite awhile , and I had been hung up on a very dark blue for about 12 years ... still haven't gotten to the body work portion of mine , but I'm getting there soon , now that I make real money. :)

So , I'll probably make a point of visiting with him before paint time and get a refresher on it :)

Point is , if you can get out and find that color in person , DO IT ! Maybe it won't strike you like it did me , but regardless , you ought to find a color that "moves" you ... if you know what I mean.

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Man, what a tough decision. You are right stupidboy! The verdict is in...It is being sprayed over the next few days. I will post pictures when it is done. I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks again...

SP66

Bronco Guru
Man, what a tough decision. You are right stupidboy! The verdict is in...It is being sprayed over the next few days. I will post pictures when it is done. I appreciate everyone's input. Thanks again...

What did you decide on?

OP
OP
kholding

kholding

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Las Vegas, NV
Long story short...they sprayed the underside and when I showed up the next day it didn't look right. We compared the factory paint chip and it was off by a few shades. They mixed the paint exactly as the computer showed (no alternates to any of the ingredients were listed) and it wasn't right. They ordered a pint premixed from another company and the spray out was even worse! The last week has been spent talking to other paint manufacturers to get the right color. Has me a little worried...

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Can't wait to see what you come up with. Gonna look good whatever you choose.

By the way, whats up with the posts that are 3 feet wide? How does that even happen? %)