• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

fixing flats on bronco

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
ok had a flat on one tire on my Bronco that I have a tube in this tire. I'd ruined one tire & since I DON'T GET OFF THE FARM with my Bronco. I could but I just don't. So I'm running a turd tire until I find a good tire or buy myself a new set ..
.... But I've miss placed my tire tool .. The long bar that you put the tire on & off the rim with.. Does anyone have a bar that you can take a picture off .. I need a picture of the end that's opposite the Ball end. It's the end with a curve up & one down . I have a hand operated tire machine.
.. I was thinking I could make myself a new bar. or buy one off ebay.

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Harbor Freight sales them if you have one close. I've never used one but my buddy use's one with his manual machine. I think he has a couple, and not because he broke one either. They're cheap enough to have a spare.

tirewater

Loc.
San Francisco Bay Area
Do you need to remove the tire? Just get a plug kit. If the hole is big, just use more plugs. Ah, wait you have a tube in the tire? Just how old is that tire?

http://www.autozone.com/tire-repair...-reamer-plugger-kit/486793_0_0/?checkfit=true

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
our nearest harbor freights are 70 & 95 miles away... I've seen that one at Harbor before. & was planning on buying it if I can get to a harbor.
... I did find some on E-Bay but would like a more close up shot of that hook. I'd kind of like to have one of the Coats ones that fits over the center stud. But cut it off & weld the cut off back onto a joint of pipe .

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
OK I found my tire tool. I was in the back of my Bronco . Wow guess I needed a longer persuader .. pry-bar.
.. So here's a couple of pictures of it .. But do any of your have one that works better than mine. This one will slide off the the tire to easy.
.. These 2 curves are for one too push the bottom rim onto the tire while the top curve rides against the top rubber rim to the tire .. It's supposed to help push the tire over the rim.. But to me it needs to be longer in order to keep a better grip on the top rim giving me more push ..
.. Any of you guys modify any of yours.
... OK in that 2nd picture .. the top hook is the one that pushes the tire over the rim.. & the bottom bump is the one I don't think is long enough...
... Also the original one fit through that slot in the center post . I'd love to have one that would fit back in the slot. That slot spins around the machine ..

Attachments

• DSCN6346.jpg
    DSCN6346.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN6345.jpg
    DSCN6345.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 18

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
our nearest harbor freights are 70 & 95 miles away... I've seen that one at Harbor before. & was planning on buying it if I can get to a harbor.
... I did find some on E-Bay but would like a more close up shot of that hook. I'd kind of like to have one of the Coats ones that fits over the center stud. But cut it off & weld the cut off back onto a joint of pipe .

they'll usually ship for $5 if you order online, plus use there 20% discount and youre good to go