• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fixing up my 1970 Bronco, where do I start?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey CDA, welcome!
Sounds like a great story and deserves its own thread at some point for sure.
Hopefully with lots of pictures!

To dual shock or not is up to you. Personal decision, or based on the the need.
Most shock absorbers these days do not need to be duals, but you can still use them for various reasons.
One of which is just if you like the vintage look.
Other reasons are if you’re going to use it hard and need extra damping over and above what is sufficient for most uses.
Something such as fast desert trail running and the like
Otherwise it would primarily be just the vintage look to keep with your dad’s ideas.

Definitely post up some pictures that we can look at. Again though, in a separate thread so as to not get yours confused with the original subject Bronco.

To post pictures here you can either become a contributor for $12 a year, which lets you upload them directly to your discussion, or you can use the Garage and Gallery functions up above to get some images in.
We just have to click on your name and navigate a little bit to get to your picture that way.

Good luck. I definitely have fun bringing the bronco back to driving mode.
Is it still running now? Or do you have a lot of work yet to do to get to that point?

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hey CDA, welcome!
Sounds like a great story and deserves its own thread at some point for sure.

Definitely post up some pictures that we can look at. Again though, in a separate thread so as to not get yours confused with the original subject Bronco.

To post pictures here you can either become a contributor for $12 a year, which lets you upload them directly to your discussion, or you can use the Garage and Gallery functions up above to get some images in.
We just have to click on your name and navigate a little bit to get to your picture that way.

X2. he said it best