• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hanson Bumper Mass Buy! - Ends 2/15/07

Benzo

Loc.
SF Bay Area
This is what I did with the front.

First do some preperation and make sure the frame horns are free of any old metal welding, hooks, and bolts. (It's always fun to get the grinder out :) )

You may want to make sure you have all the bolts, washers and nuts for the job. I needed a few more pieces and needed to go to the hardware store.

Follow the picture diagram Cary posted and insert the bolts into brackets on the bumper and snug up the bolts on the brackets. Do not tighten them too much because you will want to adjust the hight of the bumper later. Hand tight is good. This takes a little time. It's a fun simple puzzle.

Once the frame brackets are on the bumper, place the bumper on the frame horns. For safety, you may want someone to hold the bumper while you go under the bronco and put the two top bolts through the top of the frame. Finally, add the lower frame bolts and then add the side bolts.

When the bumper is loosely fitted, you can adjust the bumper where you want it. Tighten the frame bracket bolts on the bumper. Finally take it off if you weld the frame brackets to the bumper. If no welding , tighten all bolts :)

OP
OP
C

ctowery

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Wellington Nevada
Ben thanks for the pictures! Really looks great!

I got to give credit to Paul for the install pictures, he has and does come thur when I have needed help and guidence.

Only one point I would like to make on your install..and this is just a personal opnion. I like to maintain 1" min between the bumper and any part of the body, it may not look right but I think in a heavy hit even the strongest bumper can move and I don't want to repair both.

Cary

kntr

Bronco Guru
Let me know what you find out.

All I know is I paid the price I was quoted to ship mine by itself and it still sits there waiting for a rear bumper. No savings of shipping them all together was passed down to me.

kntr

Bronco Guru
Thanks for fixing the shipping charges and getting me and SALGOOD our refunds.

Salgood

Loc.
Kalispell
Hey Cary, Paul, and Hanson------Britt and I got the three bumpers today-------awesome quality!!!!!;D ;D I cannot wait to get them on...I have to get the body on first:(

I gotta tell you all that I was freakin impressed with the crate thses bumpers came in....it was a monster box with dividers and spray foam......holy cow!!!! Talk about guys that care about their product getting there unscratched.

Wow - super impressed ---- definitly worth the wait. Thanks again guys for all your hardwork....looking forward to pulling you out of the stuck spots with my new bumper!!!!;)

Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They're a comin'... Well, relatively speaking, that is. Sorry for the continued wait brewbro.
Yours was originally about in the middle of the orders, if I remember, but with a few of the un-coated ones jumping ahead that first time, yours should actually be coming up in the rotation. So to speak.
Though you know I hate to put too many positive waves in the air until I hear that first from Hanson.

On that note, we're supposed to hear more on Tuesday about when the next order(s) should be shipping. For some reason they're just trickling out of the shop, instead of the expected most-at-once kind of thing.

Salgood, I think yours is the first rear with a carrier. Or at least the first coated one. Let us know how it all goes together.
With pics, of course!

Paul

kntr

Bronco Guru
Taking mine to Line X today.

update.
I dropped the bumper off and it will be done tomorrow. I decided on Onyx which is like Line X. They quoted me $200 in black. pics tomorrow

Attachments

• DSC00415.jpg
    DSC00415.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC00416.jpg
    DSC00416.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00417.jpg
    DSC00417.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Brewbro21

So...Yet another week goes by without a bumper.:mad:

It's starting to get a little annoying!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep. Sorry I didn't post back sooner. When I talked to them on Wednesday they said that two more were at the coaters. So that means that at least two more should ship within a "few days" or so. Another teaser shipment.
He didn't have info at the time on when the next ones would get to the coater.

I'm not sure which orders those two were yet, but as soon as I know I'll pass it on with the tracking numbers so you can plan on their arrival.
As usual, the proof is when they leave the building.

Paul

kntr

Bronco Guru
I cant believe some of you are still waiting on bumpers. Hang in there. The bumpers are sweet.

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
MAN I WISH i got in on this!!! i finally have the money. dam income tax returns. hahahaha

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sorry, I left a message yesterday afternoon and didn't hear back from them today. I was in a meeting in the morning, and doing a trade-show/open-house kind of thing in the afternoon so forgot to try them again.
I'll call tomorrow morning and see what our current status is.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not to be OT but what is the difference between a Hanson and a Protofab?

Not too off-topic actually. But the answer's not so simple.
They're both similar but different in style, or type. Each with it's own idea of what looks and works best for a Bronco.
There are slight differences in angles here and there. Slightly different top deck shape. That kind of thing. Some people like the look of one, some people the other.
The Hanson is adjustable up and down to compensate for body-lifts. Some people like that some don't.
The rear tire carrier and latch are different in each. Some prefer one over the other.
Uh, one takes longer to get sometimes...

Basically you just have to look at the details of each one and decide what features you like best.
Nothing against Protofab. We just liked the Hanson best.

Check out the details in the pics as they come in and see what you think.

Paul

kntr

Bronco Guru
I run a Hanson front and a Proto Fab rear. Love em both. The rear latch system on the PF takes a little getting use to.