• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Haven't been very active for a while......new bumper design! Unlike ANY others!!

73bronco

I have not been terribly active on here for a while but I have not forgotten about Broncos and classicbroncos.com! As many of you may know I have taken a break from bumper building. I finally got the urge again so I agreed to take on a completely new bumper design. Rtreads(customer/friend/member here/member at ccb) wanted something a little different than my previous offerings. So I sat down and came up with a new design! Link here: http://coloradoclassicbroncos.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=705 (beware it has a lot of pictures!). The new design is about 3/4 the way down the page.

Let me know what you guys think! Looking for any and all input! I may go into production of these but nothing is certain yet!

jsnouffer

Contributor
I dig the new design. I have a front bumper from you now... may need to trade it in if you decide to go into production on this one.

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpg
    IMG_1335.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 277

kayakersteve

Loc.
Western NY State
That link sucks - Too many pics and way too big to be easy to view - Slow download and I have broadband. Why dont you just upload your bumper pics here instead?

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I dig the new design. I have a front bumper from you now... may need to trade it in if you decide to go into production on this one.

I had the same thought. Love my current one I got from 73 but his new one looks pretty cool. Is it built for a body lift? Looks a little high on the body.

Let us know if you go into production!

OP
OP
73bronco

73bronco

Not sure if this will work....
Newbumperdesign.jpg

This is on a 2" body lift....can be built for any size body lift or no body lift.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I think its pretty sweet. I saw a similar tube one a few years ago that was configured alot like it but there were less bends in the wings. I think the one above looks great, but I would reaaly like to see what it would look like if some 1/8" plate were used to fill in the wings to where it looked like a nice smooth radius. The top section might be able to be left as is...without being plated...it would depend on how the front turned out..its just something I'd like to see.

Strengthwise, it should be strong-thanks to the tube. The plate would just highlight the radii which are similar to that of the grill and top of the fenders.

Real nice tube work though.

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
I think its pretty sweet. I saw a similar tube one a few years ago that was configured alot like it but there were less bends in the wings. I think the one above looks great, but I would reaaly like to see what it would look like if some 1/8" plate were used to fill in the wings to where it looked like a nice smooth radius. The top section might be able to be left as is...without being plated...it would depend on how the front turned out..its just something I'd like to see.

Strengthwise, it should be strong-thanks to the tube. The plate would just highlight the radii which are similar to that of the grill and top of the fenders.

Real nice tube work though.

Adding 1/8" plate was exactly my thought at first glance.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Plate would finish it nicely for me, but looks good like that too. Nice design. Something different anyway.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Ohhhh nice Jason! I'm kicking around the idea of a new bumper since I sold the last one you made for me with my blue bronco.

Let me know if you want another guinea pig! I really like the design and would also like to see it with some plate on it as discussed.

13below0

Loc.
Erie PA
Nice design. I say no plate. It will break up the flow of the bumper and it will make it look really heavy.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Looking "heavy" is one thing, but it would make it very strong and still be pretty darn light. I just think the round edges would really compliment the front end of our trucks.

13below0

Loc.
Erie PA
That bumper is plenty strong. .125 in the "wings" is so overkill its scary. It would not add that much strength to the bumper. If you come down hard enough to bend the tube with the extra material it would just end up bending the top and bottom up instead of just the bottom. And it would add little if any in the way of helping it bend if it was hit straight on. He obviously has some decent fab skills, and its a well thought out bumper. It looks to be made out of 1.750 guessing! its at least .120 wall. I bet that bumper is close to 70lbs. Not very light in my book.

13below0

Loc.
Erie PA
After looking at his link I take back my guess on the weight, im guessing 55ish lbs ;D now that I have a better look.

OP
OP
73bronco

73bronco

Thank you everyone for the input! Now I just need someone to photoshop the plate in that everyone is talking about!

It is all 1.75 o.d. tubing .120 wall...weighs in approximately at 65 lbs. I am not worried about strength! ;D

Heus33

Bronco Guru
quick 5 min work in ms paint. I like it.

Attachments

• awesome paint skillz.jpg
    awesome paint skillz.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 137

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not sure if this will work....
Newbumperdesign.jpg

This is on a 2" body lift....can be built for any size body lift or no body lift.

I still think it's a great looking design and having one of Jason's first edition winch bumpers, I know its built well.

I do though have to ask if the outside end of the wings is going to protect the bottom edge of the front fender. May be the picture but it looks a little high if you slide up on a rock.

Again though, great work Jason. Is the rear going to match?