• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley Fuel Injection Kit

VA BRONC

I just got a new 302 for my Bronco and was looking at Carb options and came across this. Was thinking about going with a F/I setup off a early 90's Mustang but by the time I priced out everything I couldn't belive how much it was going to cost....the wiring harness alone was over $500 from B.C. Broncos. Knowing I can get everything shipped to my door for less than $1000 is real tempting. If anyone out there has used this setup or has any info on it I would really appreciated it. Thanks!

Here is the link.....
http://www.jegs.com/i/Holley/510/502-20S/10002/-1

Broncobowsher

Total hack
NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't do it!

It is not comparable to factory fuel injection. That is an antiquated system. You do not tune fuel injetion with "knobs". It takes more then 5 settings to dial in fuel injection.

73bronco

I had that set-up before. I will NEVER have that system again!! Complete junk. Spend the money once and be done with it.

Oatmeal

I fully agree with the last two posters. It was an expensive lesson to learn%) I dumped that system and bolted on a Q-Jet and was much happier---------Hans

OP
OP
V

VA BRONC

Thanks for all the input! I was hoping to see a little more positive feedback, but if there isn't any what can I say?

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The Holley Commander systems are MUCH better than the older Projection systems, although the most recent of those (2Di and 4Di) are at least better than the early Projection junk which was a true horror to mess with. But you are looking at around 1700 bucks for the basic Commander TBI system. At that point..the stock Ford EFI looks just fine.;)

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
The Holley Commander systems are MUCH better than the older Projection systems, although the most recent of those (2Di and 4Di) are at least better than the early Projection junk which was a true horror to mess with. But you are looking at around 1700 bucks for the basic Commander TBI system. At that point..the stock Ford EFI looks just fine.;)

X2 from here!

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
You dont have to buy a 500.00 harness, you can use a mustang harness. there is a classified section on corrall.net that has tons of used ford fuel injection stuff, I have all the trick goodies for mine and Im still under 1000.00you can shop around & comb boneyards & peace one up for around 5-700 easy, thats for a maf system My buddy is peacing one up and so far he's got a explorer intake & injectors ($60 boneyard) & A9L computer& harness(120 corral) Im thinkin he's gonna come in under 500.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
How does the stock fuel injection work on a non stock 302? I wish I knew something about adding fuel injection.

IF its Ford speed-density (SD)..it does not work that great on a modified engine but there are various tweaks that can help make it run OK. If its a MAF EFI, those are much better at accomodating non-stock engine builds.

In a nutshell, either system operates via a table (fuel map) of injector pulse duration values that the computer uses to vary their pulse duration and hence how much fuel gets injected every pulse. The key difference between SD and MAF is how the fuel map cell value is picked out; with SD its simply the MAP vacuum reading and the engine RPM...with MAF, its actually the calculated intake airflow straight from the hot-wire anemometer rather than the 'calibrated guess' that is based on the MAP reading and factory baseline calibration work. That 'guess' is therefore only accurate for the original engine cam and induction configuration.

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
Jeremy,

The Ford factory MAF system should work for al lbut the most built 5.0's. I was collecting all of the stuff to do a 351W but decided to stay with my 4Di setup. If you are interested I am going to sell the stuff. I have almost everything you need to do the Mustang EFI setup (I think). It even hass the TwEecer. Contact me by e-mail if interested.

Dan

Dan

partsloco

I'm running a Holley 4D 700 CFM throttle body with a megasquirt computer. The Holley ECU's are crap. Megasquirt blow doors and anything out there.

bronco1.jpg

My Holley / Megasquirt / EDIS Combo

http://www.fintechcommunications.com/funstuff