• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how many times have you heard this one

nobodysfool

Loc.
wheatfield,new york
this eb is about 3 miles from my home.was driving by today and had my i-pod with me pulled over and got a pic.if i remember the owner told me (20yrs ago) it was a 69.i tried to buy it from him 20yrs ago and here comes the story."i got big plans for that truck"ordered all new body parts should be here next week.i said ok there was no reasoning with the man.not sure way people r like this.look closely in the side cab window thats right it is a toilet seat!yyyyyyyyyy...

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 191
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    269.3 KB · Views: 204

N747JB

Happens all the time with old cars and airplanes, people would rather let them sit and rot, thinking "one day" I'll fix it up, or my kids will use it, then it's just a pile of junk with almost no value and they won't sell it, because it used to be worth $XX. %)

bigpitbull

BRONCO ADDICT
Loc.
Saltillo, MS
Yeah there is a half cab about 10 miles from me. I pass it everyday on my way to work and wonder why the owner doesn't sell it or fix it. It's uncut and sitting on 4 flats...

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
My father-in-law is a retired police officer and told me of an old farmer who had a '57 Chevy sitting outside one of his barns probably from the early 60's. He started the ploce department in 1973 and every few years would ask him if he wanted to sell it. He would give him the same "I'm going to get to it one day" shtick every time. Well, he died in the early 90's and the '57 Chevy got towed off the estate by the local tow company/junkyard. Some people just can't let go of things. Maybe hoarder tendencies or it's just they don't want to see anyone else do to it what they wanted to?????:(

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Yea I knew once where there was a 69 camaro SS drop top body that sat like that and I tried ever so often to get the guy to sell and last time I saw it there wasn't much there to save.Between rust and sunrash and parts robbed off it.It's all gone now house,car everything.:(

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Lol theres a man one town over from me that has 3 or 4 broncos rotting away... Wont sell any of them. Says he likes seeing them to much lol.

N747JB

A guy had a Boss 429 down the street from the dealership many years ago, maybe mid 80's, I think he bought it new. Sat mostly in his carport, the back end hung out, so his Sears riding mower could fit next to the house!:eek: I watched it for 10+ years, a buddy of mine approached him several times, he always answered the door in shorts and a t-shirt, not for sale. period. Finally about 8-10 years ago it disapeared, I guess he finally sold it, I heard the motor was bad, but nobody ever really found out what happened to it. %)
Since I am into aviation as well, I see airplanes all the time sitting and rotting at airports waiting until they are completely worthless and the estate sells them. :cry:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
NIKONPIX013.jpg

i'll see ya and raise you a toilet seat! circa 1986

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
They just gotta keep em and let em rust.. Go figure

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Some people love to fix them and drive them and some love to remember the good ole days and just watch them slowly return to the earth. Sad that they can't see the joy it would bring to someone else and know that their Bronco will be loved and live on in someone else's driveway even after they are gone.

:(

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
plus, folks think that if they sit on it, then the value will go up...but ofcourse that's only if that vehicle is already in good condition. old beat up crap just becomes old beat up rusted crap.

trust me...there's an eb i've been trying to purchase for the last 10 years and the older lady doesn't want to let it go. she even told me i couldn't afford it. of course, i showed her that i drove in one to her place, but these type of folks just don't want to let go of their vehicles.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
I found a Piper Super Cub PA-18 180 hp that was a hanger queen, had not flown for 12 years.. the lady who owned it still believes it's worth 120k, maybe worth that back in the 70's if it had all the mods. But not now..
what a shame

Mill KNOB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rock Hill, SC
Been there done that. I have approach a few people about there bronco just like this one and they have been plans as well. Do people know what it cost and how long it takes to bring one like you have in the pictures back to life?
The ones that do have some potential they want way more then what they are worth.

Unknown

Contributor
Painful to see cool stuff just sit there and decay. I have a soft spot for vintage boats and tried to buy several over the years but the owner wouldn't sell. Years later you would see the boats just falling to pieces, just too late. I guess we can't save them all.

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
Heh, my Bronco sat infront of my buddies Gulf service station for near 10 years. Folks kept stopping and asking him if I wanted to sell it. It is nearing completion now, sometimes those stories do come true. ( I think he liked the attention that truck drew, bah he passed away 2 years ago, he was a great guy I miss him).

bec

Loc.
Mount Pleasant
i stop buy some old guys house one time and asked if he would sell an old ford panel wagon i saw it there like 5 years before. he said it didnt have the drive line in it what do i want with it he wouldnt sell it the man was like 90 years old a big scare from his neck to his belly button a year later when i went buy there the house was bull dozed and the panel wagon was gone the bull dozer was still there .when you get that close to the end of the road wouldnt you want some one to take intrest in the things you have and pass them on with a storey or too???????