• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How many times...

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
Have you bought something and hoarded it for a year or two then try to install it olny to find out it's the wrong part or it dont work,and you have no clue where the recept is? seems to happen about 50% of the time to me.

Nightmare Bronc

How about buy a part, sit on it a year and when you are ready for it can't find it and have to buy another. I'm just waiting for the original to turn up.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
Got a new 2-year old mile marker winch sitting on the bench.

How many duplicate tools do you have because you couldn't find the one you were looking for?

Myllo73

How about buying something and finding out that your Bronco was the end of a production run and they installed the changes for the next year. So now I have a 73 turn signal switch that I've had for 4 years cuz I had to buy a 74 instead.

Nightmare Bronc

Yea on the tool front.... I just bought a new pair of diagonal cutters because I can't find my snap-on pair.. Hope they turn up soon.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
How many duplicate tools do you have because you couldn't find the one you were looking for?

how about rushing out to buy a tool, only to find out it's a cheap china stamping that doesn't work, and now you have to go buy a good one which delays a job half a day? just a few weeks ago....

hdfx81

How about putting something somewhere so you won't lose it but can't remember where that safe place is.

t.lay

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grayslake, IL
turns out i've got 3 sets of chinese brake line flaring tools - that makes just about enough bits to have one that works.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
I'm going thru that now I bought a Megillan GPS hand held unit ..Waited about 6 months to start trying to learn to use it ..No workie and now I'm into it for $478.00 after buying more crap from MEG. and they offered me $20.00 for it trade in..And that's just my last issue..

66ALRIDE

Contributor
Just BIP It!
Loc.
Dothan, AL
What about hanging onto spare stuff for over a year, then have a good cleaning and throwing it away only to need it the next day.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Got a new 2-year old mile marker winch sitting on the bench.

Are you saying you misplaced your winch, bought a new one and then found the old one?

66Bronco

Have you bought something and hoarded it for a year or two then try to install it olny to find out it's the wrong part or it dont work,and you have no clue where the recept is? seems to happen about 50% of the time to me.

It happens far too often. I hate finding out that the described NOS part is in reality an out-of-country copy.

-Terry

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
I'm a little OCD so I have duplicates of all sorts of crap. Always forgetting where I stashed stuff, or finding stuff I stashed and not remembering what the heck I was saving it for %)