• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Led headlights

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
They fit in my stock buckets... they fit extremely secure with the small pcs of rubber...

Since I"m assuming Ford didn't put little pcs of rubber in the headlight buckets then the rest of the bucket is stock with springs, adjusters, etc...

nvrstuk

Contributor
Scattered globs of light everywhere like this led?

Attachments

• 20201106_174029.jpg
    20201106_174029.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 106

68ford

Bronco Guru
My buckets are totally original and the Grotes fit perfect.

nvrstuk

Contributor
I compared a half dozen different non-ALIEN looking LED hdlts. I did a write up with pics on my build thread and chipped in on the linked post mentioned earlier.

The Grote's are by far the best bang for your buck in non-alien LED's. Maybe some $500 lts work better but I wont ever know because I can't burn money at that rate and still eat next week. lol

Don't compare pics of guys who shine headlites at their garage doors. Doesn't compare what you really want to see when going down the road. Don't compare pics of lts who shine lights on a road with street lamps... does you no good since you can't see a pattern.

Only compare to what you HOPE to be able to see when driving down a road!

Here's a link to a few pics showing pics on my 800' long drive, across a field 1,000' illumninating my neighbors farm house, and comparing to my 2018 F150 and 2018 CRV.

Post #552 Hope this helps you some.
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278607&page=37

Shimmy

Contributor
1977 Bronco
Loc.
Maple Valley
I compared a half dozen different non-ALIEN looking LED hdlts. I did a write up with pics on my build thread and chipped in on the linked post mentioned earlier.

The Grote's are by far the best bang for your buck in non-alien LED's. Maybe some $500 lts work better but I wont ever know because I can't burn money at that rate and still eat next week. lol

Don't compare pics of guys who shine headlites at their garage doors. Doesn't compare what you really want to see when going down the road. Don't compare pics of lts who shine lights on a road with street lamps... does you no good since you can't see a pattern.

Only compare to what you HOPE to be able to see when driving down a road!

Here's a link to a few pics showing pics on my 800' long drive, across a field 1,000' illumninating my neighbors farm house, and comparing to my 2018 F150 and 2018 CRV.

Post #552 Hope this helps you some.
https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278607&page=37

Your posts helped me thru my research when I decided to buy the grotes. Tip of the hat to you sir!

nvrstuk

Contributor
Maple Valley? Just over the hill from me! :)

Do you like to wheel in the snow or trails? Might get another sno bash outing going this next winter. Are you on our WA State Classic Bronco forum fb?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
DADDY G. Do you like your lights . I think I've put about 4 different sets in my Bronco .& Also in my Dodge Hay Truck. Neither will shine the light 10 ft ahead of the front Bumpers .
...... I've put in the Head light wiring harness with the relays.
..... And Nothing has been fantastic yet.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Pa Pitt- check the Grotes out! Like I mentioned and the reason why I posted pics is so you could actually SEE the difference. Like you I tried some LED's and they were BRIGHT white light but didn't shine any further than my old Westinghouse sealed beams. :(

Relays are unneeded and shouldn't help at all unless your wiring or dimmer switch is so poor that they can't carry any current. LED's take minimal amperage to operate. This is why you don't need relays to run LED hdlts. Maybe a 50" LED light bar but not hdlights.

Good luck.

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Because it was cheap, convenient and easy I put some of the cheap Amazon lights with the crossbar in them on my Heep, I don’t think that are as good as the grote’s but close. No issues on my 3am trips to the airport and like nvrstk I too live where it’s DARK when it’s dark outside lol.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Thanks for posting up the sale. I ordered another set. These are for "Shorty", my current build.

Attachments

• 20220105_105607.jpg
    20220105_105607.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 34

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like the sale already ended☹. Just checked it again looking to order and they’re back up to $147.72 each☹️