• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Led Headlights

Tulsa76bronco

I just put on new LED headlights and they don't turn on. The old ones turned on. My connection was loose so I have bought the new three prong and now my one headlight fits snug and is not moving. All my other lights work including the side fender and the front amber one by the headlight so I know there is power there.

I only replaced one connection wiring harness connection on the drivers side to see if it would work so far. Have not put the new connection in the harness on the passanger side but that shouldn't affect anything since both headlights are independent

Any suggestions what I might do?

77 original harness but most things seem to work, of course gas tank gauge doesn't work

thanks for help

Matt@Wildhorses

Sponsor/Vendor
Tulsa, the LED headlights can be very picky when it comes to being grounded. Double check your grounds at the plugs, maybe even you battery terminals and body grounds. Make sure they are clean and tight. That is where I would start.

OP
OP
Tulsa76bronco

Tulsa76bronco

Ok, have all new body grounds, will check the grounds by Headlights although I put new one on by drivers side and hooked it up into the black wide going to three prong which is where it was. I will check some more grounds. I remember one of my original lights works so I figured these would work since power was there. Good to know they are picky

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
Check for power at the light with a meter, make sure your getting between 11 and 13 volts. If no power check the dimmer switch. If power is good and sure the ground is good, check with your meter on continuity or ohms, the polarity is probably backwards